Greetings from Virgina, USA

suthern_yankee

.020 Over
Hey All,

Just wanted to drop in do some intros. I am a proud owner of a new 2006 Red Rocket III. I have about 800 miles on it, and have done a few modifications. I have installed the low drag bars from newr3.com along with quite a few chrome parts and accessories. I just moved to Virginia last weekend, and discovered today that I picked up a nail in my rear tire. :mad: A nice 3" framing nail none the less !!! Oh well the grass is green the sky is blue and **** happens. So now I am online looking for a new Metzler rear tire. Such is life right?:cool: Anyway great to meet everyone and I am enjoying reviewing the forums. Safe riding all. S_Yankee.

Welcome

Glad to have you aboard, sorry to hear about the nail welcoming you to Virginia and hope you get a good price on the tire. I was born in Virginia, sorry you had to move there, being a commonwealth, there will be more that a few hands trying to get in your pockets for higher insurance, taxes and fees...enjoy. Hopefully, it has changed since I was last there (1985).
Anyway, hope you are back on the Rocket soon and riding your way to happiness.
Dennis
7 dtg!

Is it just me... or do Metzlers attract nails? They probably have a magnetic steel belt.

Anyway :D... welcome to our forum S Yankee!!!

Tomo

Hey Confused.... sorry... S-Yank ;)

You might try our local favorites for mail-order Metzlers...
http://www.americanmototire.com/

If any of those Virginia yahoos give you any grief just tell'm that you're...

"Northern by birth, and Southern by the grace of God"

and then blow their doors off:bch:

Hey Everyone, thanks for the warm greetings. I think I am going to order my tire from the online vendor you recommended. Seems like the best choice available to me. I will post pics of my bike in a few days... once she's back on two wheels. :)

Take Care,
SYankee

Welcome Yankee

Glad to have you with us Yank. Always glad to have another Virginian aboard, even though you are transplant. This is a great site for info and a laugh or two. Let me know if you get close to my area, always a cold beer in the garage frig and R/3 parking is free.

Appreciate the offer Britman, I see that you have caption of supercharged. Does that mean that you have mod to the Rocket III that's over the top? :) haha. Ride safe.
S_Yank

Back