Got me to thinking...

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
A couple of our guys here have recently had some issues with Gauges not working, some dash lights not going out etc after doing some minor work on their electrics.
I recently did the 3 start reset on my cobbers Storm to get the ECU light to go out.
(Start the bike, warm up, kill it...3 times)
This fixed his problem.
I also searched the net for any ideas which could help and found a guy who had bought an OBD2 Bluetooth connector which works with a Samsung phone. He plugged it into his Triumph Tiger i think it was and reset the service light which had came on.
I know some of you have experience with this and my question is..
Can we get an OBD2 Bluetooth connector for the Rocket which we can access thru our Samsung phones so we can rest any faults such as what our fellow members have run into..??..if so, which one is it?

Tal - could be a bit of trial and error. Years ago I bought a cheepo adapter thing to play with the app "Torque". But common sense would dictate getting one that also works with TuneECU. I can't remember what the phone was - it was the missus' - The test was non conclusive so I still see no need for a phone.

I have the Torque Pro app on my phone but have not tried to use it. The OBDLink Bluetooth units seem to be the best of the best. They are sold by ScanTool on Amazon. They are recommended by the app. It looks like there are two versions selling for around $50 and $100. I need to try the ODB on the TuneEcu app as well.

The OBDLink Bluetooth units seem to be the best of the best
Thanx brutha....will check it out....

Thinking??? On a Sunday??? I would have thought you were old enough to realize those two things don't go together Tal.:D
They do tho...i was thinking i might have a cool beer....and guess what?...i got up and got one!!...so thinking does work...even on a sunday!...

I would just use tuneecu. You can diagnose faults, reset/clear faults and other than the cable its free, and well supported here.

But if you have a pioneer spirit, im sure that any cheap code reader probably could work.

Something similar happened with my 07 Classic years ago. A fellow Rocket rider friend brought his TuneBoy diagnostic stuff over and asked me if I'd tried resetting the ECU. Since this was my first bike with an ECU I had no idea what he meant. He disconnected the positive terminal and let it set for about 5 minutes. When he hooked it back up the darn thing had healed itself.

Back