GIPro w/ ATRE,,,,DLC use??

dbutton12

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
I am considering the GIPro but I see it utilizes the Data link Connector (DLC). I have been using the Scangauge and keep it permanently mounted on the bike, but it too uses the DLC. Has anyone tried to splice into the data circuit(s) and use two devices at the same time??? I know in automotive applications it will work as long as the devices are "read-only". I hate to spend $170 on something that will not work with the scangauge.
Actually,,,as I was typing this, I had another thought: PCV uses the DLC, correct? So, has anyone used GIPro with PCV at the same time??

Actually,,,as I was typing this, I had another thought: PCV uses the DLC, correct? So, has anyone used GIPro with PCV at the same time??
Nope the PCV does NOT use the DLC. Nor does the GiPro with ATRE (the smaller and slightly cheaper basic GiPro WITHOUT ATRE does though) . I have both fitted and the Diagnostics plug is free.

I can't answer the Scangauge question, but I know where you can get a brand new GIPro ATRE for a lot less than $170!

(Pssss...check the classified ads. That Dan Diego guy has one for $125 deleivered.) :)

How does the GIPro with ATRE hook up to the bike,,,their literature shows the DLC, but several people say it doesn't use the DLC....what up?? If it leaves the DLC port free, then I'm interested.

Nope the PCV does NOT use the DLC. Nor does the GiPro with ATRE (the smaller and slightly cheaper basic GiPro WITHOUT ATRE does though) . I have both fitted and the Diagnostics plug is free.

So how does the GIPRO w/ATRE hook up.....piggyback into ECU connector?

The GIPro connects in series with your gear selection sensor......this is the pipeline for the ATRE to access the ecu......now im only 75% certain of this......somebody correct me please as its been a long time since i installed mine

All I know is, I have a GIPro w ATRE and a PC3 on my 06 STD. I installed the GIPro like the instructions said with no problems.

The GIPro connects in series with your gear selection sensor......this is the pipeline for the ATRE to access the ecu..
Yup that's it. Plus a direct power feed to the battery. You have to extract some pins from the connector to the gear position sensor (behind the little plastic panel behind the engine on the left side - where the accessory power plug fits), insert some other wires, reconnect and connect the power wires. This is to allow you to interupt and modify the signal sent to the ECU from the gear position sensor. It's all ATRE is.

Bloody fiddly job. But the instructions were clear and fairly easy to follow. You need patience - lots of light and a gentle touch.

tbh I've never used the ATRE part I just wanted the bigger display.

The simple non ATRE version simply reads the required data via the diagnostics connector. Plug and play.

Back