Getting Back Into Riding

KC3

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Roadster
After owning a number of different makes and styles of bikes, I've been without a ride for a few years now. However, the bug has bitten me hard and I'm now in the process of finding a new (to me at least) ride. After a lot of research and sitting on a number of machines, it looks like a R3R is going to be the direction I am going to go. I look forward to joining the Rocket 3 community and have already taken advantage of the wealth of information available here to assist me in my search.

If you haven't already, you should test ride the Rocket before you buy.
I predict that you'll buy it anyway.
If you've got the scratch, try a new 2020.

If you do indeed decide to get one - take it easy. I have always thought of R3's like bears.
If you're gentle with them they are gentle big fluffy teddies.
If you're not they can and will chew you up and spit you out like a massively pissed off Grizzly.
Enjoy the teddy and learn to tame the grizzly before thrashing it.

Hello KC3 and welcome from Virginia. Let us know which one you are getting in the end and pictures of course.

Welcome to the group from Kansas City Missouri. Looking forward to see what bike you end up with.

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I have a had a few bikes over the years that you had to show respect to or it would come bike to bite you, in fact one of them did.
My last bike was a VMax that I loved, but as I got older the cramped seat and (though improved with suspension upgrades) poor handling eventually lead to me parting with it. After riding a Roadster, the vastly improved handling, comfy saddle, seemingly bottomless well of torque, and ABS brakes sold me. Now just need to find one of my own.

Back