Mick TOMCC

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket Three Roadster 2010
I have been riding bikes for many years and totally addicted, I bought my Rocket new in 2012 although its plated 2010, that was 70k ago such an awesome bike my others did not get much of a gig although of late they do as big girl is becoming frustrating with the engine idle/ cruse speed / flat spot.

I say all three as no sooner i think i have cured 1 issue the other raises its head.
stepper motor replaced twice, TPS once very early in the piece, cleaning all the sensors, checking all the spade connectors etc.

I would like to hear what is the general consensus on the best tune applicable and tune equipment recommended.
the bike is basically standard just K&N filter, cat by pass and the genuine triumph (sport) mufflers.

In the past I have relied on the shop to tune the variables to suit after I serviced the bike however Its time I did this for myself so any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

G'day and welcome.

Are you an Aussie in Canada?
Well I am Aussie and living in Melbourne, just incompetent when joining the forum and have no idea where the flag came from ? went back and looked after I saw it there but couldn't see where to update, so if you can help me there that would be good

cheers

G'day Mick,

Welcome to the Forum, about time:whitstling:

The guy's on here will certainly help you out as we discussed.

Cya soon...:thumbsup:

Well I am Aussie and living in Melbourne, just incompetent when joining the forum and have no idea where the flag came from ? went back and looked after I saw it there but couldn't see where to update, so if you can help me there that would be good

cheers
Cheers from Bittern mate.
If you are using a VPN it may pick your country flag from its location.

Hello Mick and welcome from Virginia. You mention the stepper motor twice being replaced. Have you checked the portion of the throttle body where the stepper motor pushes. On my 2014 R3T, the stepper was ruined by miles of road grime which in turned ruined the corresponding pieces of the throttle body unit. That unit is too expensive to replace for me so I purchased a used one and replaced the pieces that were affected. You can try and clean the springs and Teflon/nylon washers, but mine were worn out on the OEM unit. Good luck.

Back