FNG from the Inland NW, USA

Can't Beat Experience!

Welcome Bob, Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I started riding 57yrs. ago and sounds like we have very similar bike backgrounds, with the Brit bikes. All my bikes over the years have mostly been Triumphs, a Norton Cammando and several BSA's. In 2001 bought my 1st. generation Triumph Thunderbird, and later added many performance upgrades,Speed Triple cams, Domed pistons, Valve job to the heads K&N's, new exhaust and etc. Major results! In 2005 went on several Demo rides on the Rocket lll at the National Triumph Rally in Galena,IL. That was it for me "The Triumph of Triumph's"! Bought my new 2006 R-3, and its been the performer and best bike I've ever owned ! As far as age goes, I think there's allot of guys on here that won't step up to the plate. The R-3 keeps me young and in a happy state every time I throw a leg over her! "It is The Experience"!

Thanks for the welcome.

and decidedly more reliable than bikes of yore.

I am already finding that out, why it even has one of those fancy pushbutton starters! :D

My last Norton had one of those also, an 850 Commando Electric Start, I took the starter off, it weighed more than it helped! ;)

bob

So I guess you be from eastern, WA???
Wherever ya hail from . . . welcome to Rocket Wonderland, Earth.
I am relatively new myself, at a month, and can say the blokes here are great!

• Trustworthy,
  • Loyal,
  • Helpful, (in spades)
  • Friendly, (in hearts)
  • Courteous, (not so much)
  • Kind, (in diamonds)
  • Obedient, (not really)
  • Cheerful, (in clubs after a few pints)
  • Thrifty,
  • Brave, (hell yes-they do ride Rockets)
  • Clean, (???)
  • Reverent, (well, 12 out of 13 ain't bad)
  • and light in the loafers.
No, no! Wait! That last one is only for those on "Red Rockets" !

Hey, just a **** minute here :mad:

Not wanting to give away my age, let's just say I have been riding for 46 years, 44 of those licensed. I have had more bikes than I can count, but have always had a soft spot in my heart for British bikes, from the 650 Bonneville I flat tracked one summer a long time ago to the the Norton 850 Commando I owned from new until just a few years ago, with a BSA or two thrown in there. Somewhere in there I lost my way and took the japanese sportbike road.

Well, now I am back.

I just picked up my 2013 Rocket 3 Touring and am whole again.

I look forward to getting to know the people here, and sharing our one great love, motorcycling, among other things.

bob

Welcome Bob, love your avatar :D

Back