FNG from the Inland NW, USA

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
Not wanting to give away my age, let's just say I have been riding for 46 years, 44 of those licensed. I have had more bikes than I can count, but have always had a soft spot in my heart for British bikes, from the 650 Bonneville I flat tracked one summer a long time ago to the the Norton 850 Commando I owned from new until just a few years ago, with a BSA or two thrown in there. Somewhere in there I lost my way and took the japanese sportbike road.

Well, now I am back.

I just picked up my 2013 Rocket 3 Touring and am whole again.

I look forward to getting to know the people here, and sharing our one great love, motorcycling, among other things.

bob

So I guess you be from eastern, WA???
Wherever ya hail from . . . welcome to Rocket Wonderland, Earth.
I am relatively new myself, at a month, and can say the blokes here are great!

• Trustworthy,
  • Loyal,
  • Helpful, (in spades)
  • Friendly, (in hearts)
  • Courteous, (not so much)
  • Kind, (in diamonds)
  • Obedient, (not really)
  • Cheerful, (in clubs after a few pints)
  • Thrifty,
  • Brave, (hell yes-they do ride Rockets)
  • Clean, (???)
  • Reverent, (well, 12 out of 13 ain't bad)
  • and light in the loafers.
No, no! Wait! That last one is only for those on "Red Rockets" !

Welcome from down under. Nice collection of bikes you've had there ........ except the Jap sporty route. WTF :confused: Anyway, good to see you've regained your senses. :D

For some reason people reckon black bikes are faster but in truth the only thing you can say about them is that they're common as muck. :p

Greetings from another aussie 'Maybe-old Bob' ... You'll find that Rockets should have a sticker on the tank (Warning Riding this motorcycle will destroy any chance of wanting any other motorcycle ever again)... which has to be a good thing if you've been riding Jappas :D

Slowing in your old age:D the Rocket Touring is a grand bike but no where as fast as a Jap sports bike(hp not torque)
A few years ago I was talking to a guy at a local bike haunt from Alabama he had a rocket and was claiming it was the fastest bike on the road I asked him if he was ***cen nuts or just drunk.

Welcome to the forum. You'll note that the Brits are still unique in their approach, and decidedly more reliable than bikes of yore.:cool:

Back