By the way, I just checked and I have the same gap. Can't see how how it can be eliminated as the flyscreen is curved, and it seems tight from the sides.
If you end up getting rid of the gap somehow when you install the carbon, let us know.
Oh, and between CW and Zard, my recommendation (not that it means anything) would be the CW exhaust. Sounds like a WWII bomber. Intoxicating sounds throughout accel and decel. It is loud and awesome and make the R3 sound like it looks (i.e.: BEAST). Both are expensive for what they are, but the Zard price is pure criminal and doesn't sound anywhere near as good (unless you like tame and soft).
I am not a rep for CW by the way 😂, I just enjoy a great sounding and loud exhaust.
It's easy to remove and check - four fasteners attach the screen to the raised mounts and four fasteners attach the raised mount to the bike. The mounts sit in slightly recessed areas on the front facia. I've replaced the OEM screen with a PowerBlade screen, but I don't remember any gaps with the OEM screen to speak of. Again, easy off and on, so remove it and see what you find.

It's easy to remove and check - four fasteners attach the screen to the raised mounts and four fasteners attach the raised mount to the bike. The mounts sit in slightly recessed areas on the front facia. I've replaced the OEM screen with a PowerBlade screen, but I don't remember any gaps with the OEM screen to speak of. Again, easy off and on, so remove it and see what you find.
Thanks ArizonaKid, but i think you're referring to the windshield, and we were referring to the front facia covering the electrics. I may be wrong though.

Thanks ArizonaKid, but i think you're referring to the windshield, and we were referring to the front facia covering the electrics. I may be wrong though.
Yes sir that is correct no problem with windscreen talking about front cover of electronics panel. I think I confused the issue by calling it fly screen, but I really do think that’s what they call it. I may be wrong because I have been wrong a bunch! I just tracked the front fascia from motocomposites and if it’s right I should have pictures by next Wednesday! Thinking the little gap will still be there but who knows. I also made up my mind. I’m saving that zard tax and ordering the CW

Yes sir that is correct no problem with windscreen talking about front cover of electronics panel. I think I confused the issue by calling it fly screen, but I really do think that’s what they call it. I may be wrong because I have been wrong a bunch! I just tracked the front fascia from motocomposites and if it’s right I should have pictures by next Wednesday! Thinking the little gap will still be there but who knows. I also made up my mind. I’m saving that zard tax and ordering the CW
you are correct on the name.
Hope you like the CW. otherwise I will feel guilty.

you are correct on the name.
Hope you like the CW. otherwise I will feel guilty.
Lol! I can’t not be I heard both. There is absolutely no doubt which one has the note that bike should sing. To be honest I just kinda liked the curve and look of the Zard but the more I look at the CW I think the look complements that bike just as well. I’m a little concerned about the left side after I drop the stock one loose. Zard had that little CF piece to make it look a little more seem less. Hey maybe that’s where there charging the extra 1300 for. Lol

Lol! I can’t not be I heard both. There is absolutely no doubt which one has the note that bike should sing. To be honest I just kinda liked the curve and look of the Zard but the more I look at the CW I think the look complements that bike just as well. I’m a little concerned about the left side after I drop the stock one loose. Zard had that little CF piece to make it look a little more seem less. Hey maybe that’s where there charging the extra 1300 for. Lol
I used to dislike the way CW looked. Now I honestly feel it fits the bike best. It's minimalist and makes the bike seem longer and bigger. Zard is beautiful but too long and bulky.
The left side was the main thing that kept me back from getting the CW, but now that I have it, I never pay attention to it, and although it looks different, it looks great but in a different way. When I asked wife and kids if they had noticed anything different on the left side, answer was: like what? Looks the same to us. I had to point it out (before and after) at which point wife thought I was silly and said only people who knew how it looked stock may notice it, but in no way does it look worse or "less pretty"
Let us know how it it goes when you get it.

Here's a couple of mine without the dB killers.

This one is with the dB killer inserts:

Back