LouisianaG3R

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket G3 R
I found a new 2021 G3R for a price I couldn’t pass up. Wait before I get into this I want anyone reading this thread that no matter what I LOVE this bike. Ok so I found the bike located 500 miles from me so I paid for it to be delivered. I put 127 miles on it with the cruise control never even trying to come on, so at that point I just decided to ride the rocket to the dealership I purchased it from to go ahead and make it to my first service mileage, and address the cruise control issue. After I rode the bike back home with cruise control working……. I noticed about a 3/16” gap at top of fly screen. I know they had to open the front end and now I’m wondering if they did this to me on purpose because maybe it was pressing some wiring. Could someone just confirm on theirs that the entire fly screen is flush with the seal or does anyones look like this. Thank you for any reply.
BAD1714A-AABD-4B73-B18D-F115AA7891AC.jpeg
FACFB81C-02ED-4F74-9EC5-38A9334E8E52.png

30B86808-CAF7-4823-952E-B24325ECA28C.jpeg

Here’s mine.
Dang Dr.D With the TFC! Yeah that’s it I’m not worried about that dealership anymore I can’t prove it but I have to believe when they opened the front end to address my cruise control issue they did not seat my fly screen back right on my bike. Oh well you just made me order a carbon fiber replacement. Nice bike and thank you for the picture! When I wrap up these last two days of work I have plans to take my small wind screen off and fly screen and see if I cant at least get this seated down on the gasket properly. I mean surly I can figure that out. Thanks again man.

Congrats on the new bike!
Let us know what happens, if you're able to reseat the fly screen.
Did they ever tell you what the problem was with the cruise control?
Good luck and enjoy the new beast.

Congrats on the new bike!
Let us know what happens, if you're able to reseat the fly screen.
Did they ever tell you what the problem was with the cruise control?
Good luck and enjoy the new beast.
What I believe happened was since I was in the process of shippers bidding I caught a good deal for my bike shipped in an in closed trailer faster than they thought I would. I do know they at least torque specked all hardware but other than that I don’t think they even plugged it in to triumph’s software because they sure didn’t even have time to check my tire pressure because it came reading 19.5 psi in front and 20 in rear. I immediately unloaded the rocket off the dudes trailer put the correct pressure in tires and put 6 miles on it the cruise didn’t work then. When I drove it to them to get the miles for first service they told me I must have hit a bump…. And then after all the warranty work on cruise and first service I get it back home and notice that gap. I have decided to just leave it alone because I have a slick carbon fiber one in the mail to me now. I’ll open her up then. Other than all that drama I love this motorcycle! I put the round mirrors on my bike too. I’m caught in between the zards and werks slip on. Oh and I’m getting the single seat and infill. Oh yeah and the quick shift. Man I got a lot to do. Lol.

My brand new 2022 with 10 miles on it has the gap. I noticed it on my previous 2020 Rocket after removing and reinstalling the cover to get to the internals. I thought I might have caused it at the time, but there was no way to tighten it out.

I chalked it up as normal.

Rocket 3 Screen Cover Gap.jpg

What I believe happened was since I was in the process of shippers bidding I caught a good deal for my bike shipped in an in closed trailer faster than they thought I would. I do know they at least torque specked all hardware but other than that I don’t think they even plugged it in to triumph’s software because they sure didn’t even have time to check my tire pressure because it came reading 19.5 psi in front and 20 in rear. I immediately unloaded the rocket off the dudes trailer put the correct pressure in tires and put 6 miles on it the cruise didn’t work then. When I drove it to them to get the miles for first service they told me I must have hit a bump…. And then after all the warranty work on cruise and first service I get it back home and notice that gap. I have decided to just leave it alone because I have a slick carbon fiber one in the mail to me now. I’ll open her up then. Other than all that drama I love this motorcycle! I put the round mirrors on my bike too. I’m caught in between the zards and werks slip on. Oh and I’m getting the single seat and infill. Oh yeah and the quick shift. Man I got a lot to do. Lol.

By the way, I just checked and I have the same gap. Can't see how how it can be eliminated as the flyscreen is curved, and it seems tight from the sides.
If you end up getting rid of the gap somehow when you install the carbon, let us know.
Oh, and between CW and Zard, my recommendation (not that it means anything) would be the CW exhaust. Sounds like a WWII bomber. Intoxicating sounds throughout accel and decel. It is loud and awesome and make the R3 sound like it looks (i.e.: BEAST). Both are expensive for what they are, but the Zard price is pure criminal and doesn't sound anywhere near as good (unless you like tame and soft).
I am not a rep for CW by the way 😂, I just enjoy a great sounding and loud exhaust.

Back