Hey Steve8319, I didn't post because I wasn't sure when I was going to be at Mildenhall. I hope to go back through Mildenhall (before it closes) on my way not only to England, but other destinations as well. I'm still wondering if that R3 in Heathfield was a member. I'm missing England right now because it's currently 86 degrees on its way to a high of 95 here in Texas. It's probably a good 20 degrees cooler over there right now.

Hey Gringo, I've got some time off so making use of our current sunshine. 22C here today and will be 24C tomorrow, perfect riding weather. If you come back, put a post up:)

Hi Old Gringo...I have heard about this benefit but I have always assumed a minimum number of service years-like in the range of 20 or more were required. I was a Paratrooper in the U.S. Army here in Anchorage for 4 years in the late 1970's so not sure if that qualifies. -Welcome home...curious, any anti-American sentiment evident in Greece or Turkey? -Doug (From the largest state in the union-LOL-sorry, couldnt resist!)

Gday mate, I dont normally ask political questions but this one proves my ignorance on some subjects. Why would there be any anti-American sentiment in Greece? Other than some American men not enjoying homesexual activity is there any reason Greeks wouldnt like Americans???

Oh ****, just realised, I should have offered my respect to any and all that have served their country.

I know what our service men and women mean to me in my country and the liberties and life their efforts avail me to. Full respect to you mate and I think it's great that your government offer you these types of benefits as heaven knows they dont pay you guys equal to the sacrifices you guys make.

My only service to my country is paying tax (of which I avidly resent). Whenever I feel begrudged to pay the taxes I do, I look to the service people of my country and all of a sudden I am happy to contribute very indirectly to their efforts.

With respect

Ponters

wow that is cool beniefit but one well deserved by anybody that has served their country glad you had good time I know I thoroughtly enjoy visiting the USA while you were gone maybe if I get lucky and win a lottery I will be back with Wife Ann in tow and for hopefully a bit longer to see more of your Beautiful Country

Dont rely on the lottery mate. I did a deal with a guy on a property recently and the conditions he inserted into the contract made me think, heck I'd feel better if he'd signed the contract subject to wining Lotto! Needless to say, I walked away from the deal.

The work you do is something that very few could do mate and just as we respect good folk that serve our countries, my hat comes off to those that serve our elderly and dependent. Hopefully one day you might be recognised for the work you do for our community.

My personal exposure to the people of Greece and Turkey was very positive. I was surprised about Turkey. I wasn't sure what to expect, but everyone was very nice. Of course I was spending Euros...

ive spent a lot of time in Greece and Turkey the past year and haven't found any anti-American sentiment. However, a lot of the Greek people I've spoken with are very anti-German right now over the entire loan bailout issue. Both are fantastic countries with fantastic people!

It looks like Greece is not willing to live up to its austerity agreement. It wants to continue spending other country's money (IMF). It is/was down to paying its debt or paying its retirees. The Greek politicians make promises to the people they can't afford to keep. It's the same way over much of Europe and certainly this way here in the USA. Europe, Like the USA, continues to take in illegal immigrants whom are not contributors, but tax eaters. We're all past the tipping point. Most of our elected rectums in Washington and the state levels want to keep spending or brag about how they can save a few billion dollars in 10 years. The USA's debt is almost 18.3 trillion dollars and climbing exponentially. What the politicians refuse to talk about is the real freight train at the end of the tunnel. Our unfunded liabilities are around 222 trillion dollars. If every American citizen could **** gold bullion everyday, that debt would never get paid. The world is headed into a huge ****-storm and most everybody has their heads in the sand. I don't think the USA can vote its way out of this mess or maybe is even willing to vote the crooks out. There are just too many folks on the dole. As I've stated to my old redneck buddies..."when ballots don't work, perhaps we should try bullets." I no longer invest in the stock market. I buy bullets.

Sorry for my rant, I just get really pissed over the ongoing downfall of my country. As long as we have democrats, useful idiots and low information votes, the decline will continue.

Back