Pictures
DSCF0016.JPG DSCF0017.JPG
The spigot will allow separate measurement.
If it works - it'll be blanked off with an M5 screw.

The yellow tape is just because I had some splintering.
Outer tube 35mmI/D - Inner Tube 32mmI/D.

Oh man - yes - talk dirty to me.

iirc - I made some pipes up for a Guzzi in the mid 80's. Primary length and header bore determines the Shock wave speed and resonance. Swept volume (including primary chamber of end pipe) affects how wide the torque band is. I run Jardine headers with the "Predator" CNC manifold - upped midrange torque a bit - but eventually stifles as it exits reduced to mate with Standard pipes (should one so wish). But my guess is that 90% of us (me included) ride at less that 20% throttle most of the time so real world - it's all a bit moot.
THATS true if you just cruise and never open the throttle stick with stock exhaust or just add a nice small slip -on muffler thats all youll need if your looking for somr more noise youll lose all the weight of that crappy stock muffler system and gain power even if you never use it

Now i know this an old thread but its a VERY interesting thread isn't it?
I had the pleasure to meet a couple of guys today at Ruapuna speedway, Christchurch today when i went out to support my friends who race their sidecar.
One of these guys is a senior lecturer in Engineering and Architectural Studies and has built headers and cans for the Rocket 3. Graeme Harris. He races a sidecar and is improving things as he goes....well at least he was until a valve and piston hit the head with devastating results amid a cloud of blue smoke!
He talked of "Boundary Layer Flow" and other such interesting stuff which had me mesmerized basically and the advantages of increasing taper down the length of the headers and also the increase in the length of the header pipes to accommodate the R3's output. It was mostly beyond me and i had to shake my head vigorously to let the words sink in.
The other guy is building a device which is blue tooth friendly and will be available for street bikes and another for race bikes. these devices measure all sorts of information while plugged into your bike such as revs at certain parts of the track, what gear changes you made and where, g forces where and when plus a whole lot of other stuff. You can plug it into your phone or computor and see how things went on your ride or race...clever men!
rocket triumph headers and stainless silencer awesome sound Zorsts.jpg

Last edited:
Back