Exhaust options

Thanks for the link to the sound clips. On my $15 computer speakers (spend all my money on kids and motorcycles)the Jardine exhaust sounds better than the Mad Dogs. I think the header looks cool also. With everyone saying that they don't fit well maybe I'll have to think about it some more.:confused:

Danno,
Yes the fit is a little cumbersome/**** with the Jardines but once you get it set-up they are **** hot ! Some quick points that I believe in with Jard's:

1) Always put in 2 new copper gaskets at the header to block seal.

2) Replace the accorn nuts and add washers as the flange thickness is less on the Jardines and you will not be able to do it up tight enough, otherwise it will suck air

3) Get the whole system tig welded at the 2 joins- then you have a one-piece system with no leaks and it only cost me $30 at an exhaust fitter - tack it while on the bike and sitting right - then remove it, fully weld it up and spray a little heatproof silver over the 2 welds.

Then ride baby ride !:D

Thanks for the link to the sound clips. On my $15 computer speakers (spend all my money on kids and motorcycles)the Jardine exhaust sounds better than the Mad Dogs. I think the header looks cool also. With everyone saying that they don't fit well maybe I'll have to think about it some more.:confused:
Danno

I have just fitted Jardines and I love em. Take your time to fit them and you shouldn't have any hassles at all. Use plenty of exhaust sealant and new copper gaskets. I beleive the original Jars had a problem sealing at the header pipe but I haven't had a problem with mine leaking at all. Make sure you fit them up wait for the exhaust sealant to go off ( maybe 2 hours ) then run the bike for 15 mins or so before you fit the heat sheilds. If you don't you run the risk of discolouring the sheilds.
I took mine for a ride after I fitted them and then retensioned the headers. I did this three times and nipped it up a little more each time. **** there was some heat coming of em before the sheilds were fitted.
Cheers Bart

Back