Engine noise when slowing

Grey0wl

.020 Over
Ride
04 rocket std
Hey hoping someone can tell me if I have a issue or not. My bikes a 2004 std. When I'm rolling down a hill or slowing towards a junction using engine breaking I have a clunking type noise, sounds like it's coming from the from of the engine?
Kinda sounds like a gear engaging then disengaging over and over but no jolt from the drive to say it actually is doing that, if I dip the clutch it's silent, , anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Hey hoping someone can tell me if I have a issue or not. My bikes a 2004 std. When I'm rolling down a hill or slowing towards a junction using engine breaking I have a clunking type noise, sounds like it's coming from the from of the engine?
Kinda sounds like a gear engaging then disengaging over and over but no jolt from the drive to say it actually is doing that, if I dip the clutch it's silent, , anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
replied to your post,on what the problem is,it is the only way to fix the problem MJ

I had an issue when my 05 was virtually new. Never could track it down hapoened pnly when in slow traffic (city). When coasting and only lightly on and off throttle. Turned out the clutch dampening spring was factory installed wrong way. Only discovered when rebuilding clutch. Never worried too much about it as avoid cities. You may have similar issue too but also check above suggestions as all good too.

Back