Engine light was on

bernard

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
2014 Rocket Roadster - Going down highway, bike's running good, engine light comes on, stays on. Headed home, only a few miles away. Bike still ran good at highway speed, but when I got off the highway, it started cutting out at slow speed like it wasn't getting enough fuel. A few hundred miles ago, it had started idling rough intermittently. I ran some injector cleaner through it, but that didn't cure the problem. Now it's cutting out at slow speeds and the engine light stays on. I'm hoping the dealer can hook up a diagnostic tool to pinpoint why the engine light is on and that might also explain the cutting out. I accept tips, helpful tips, that is.

UPDATE -- Borrowed a cheap scanner, got a P0638 code. Sent a cancel code command. Pressed on plug wire boots hard to make sure they were seated. Lubed the throttle linkage & stepper motor shaft. After a couple restarts, code hadn't cleared. Let sit overnight. Code cleared on restart. in morning. Running great, knock on wood.

Last edited:
Tuneecu is an app that u can download to a laptop/android phone. With the app and a componet to plug into the obd connector read/clear codes and read data also u can change some settings like opening the secondaries butterflys, maxium speed,,maxium rpm. ect.

Back