Egads...a 500 hp VTX!!!!!

Kind of reminds me of Slim Pickins ridin the A bomb to the target in Dr.Strangelove.........you know eventually that something is going to explode but what a ride to the target:cool:.

TTS Rocket

I've got a friend in Marne with a TTS Supercharged Rocket Standard that ran a 6.63 110 1/8 mile in street trim with a street tire and no wheelie bars. I hope this VTX rider gets a bunch faster for his investment. Marty

a bike is only as good as its rider!

I've got a friend in Marne with a TTS Supercharged Rocket Standard that ran a 6.63 110 1/8 mile in street trim with a street tire and no wheelie bars. I hope this VTX rider gets a bunch faster for his investment. Marty

I think the problem lies with the RIDER more than the bike. Seems he is mis-shifting into second.:D

I'm never impressed by speed or power because in the end...it's all a matter money and how much you want to spend. For a couple million bucks you can probably strap a F-18 engine to a set of motorcycle wheels and roll out a few thousand horsepower...or double it or triple it....the same with any production bike....but...to engineer a bike with lots of horsepower that is safe for public consumption and a blast to ride...you'd have to throw your money at the design and development of say....a Rocket 3 :D:D.

I tend to agree...although the VTX is impressive by any standards. Jay Leno, a collector of fine autos and perhaps has the greatest privately owned motorcycle collection in the world is also involved with jet turbine motorcycles, as you probably know. Incredible machines but entirely impractical for everyday use and quite beyond the means of your typical motorcyclist. Nevertheless, they are astounding achievements!:eek:

I'm very enthused by the latest issue of MotorCyclist mag. Several new bikes with huge performance capabilities: the new BMW 6 cyl super-tourer, the incredible new Aprilla Tuono V4 R and Ninja ZX-10R (yet another near 200 hp superbike with traction control and uber tech engineering at an affordable price!!!) models which are undeniably striking. The brawny Ducati Diavel with its broad shoulders and functional intakes claims 162 hp at well under 500 pounds weight! Direct competition for our R3's, the mighty V-Max and the Harley V-Rod lineup. I like it plenty with its elements derived from many of the above bikes and with the soul of Ducati to boot! Everyone will eventually release their own versions of the R3, V-Max, etc. Big, muscled power cruisers and tourers are in vogue. Another fascinating entry into this genre is the Horex, featuring a supercharged 200 hp six banger. Risen Phoenix-like from the 50's and engineered for massive grunt this machine looks badassed! There will be many more entries I'm quite sure. Hell, even the Goliath Boss Hoss has competition these days in the form of other V-8 monster bikes emerging in the market place.

Whether you like these mechanical pit bulls or not is immaterial. They reflect a trend addressed early by Triumph in the R3 and even earlier by the legendary Yamaha V-Max. Muscle bikes are abounding. Refitted super-cruisers and blown VTX's have their rabid fans as well. What can be accomplished is impressive and notable. All are equally valid if they pay attention to the details.:D

Back