ECU Tune question

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
I purchased a 2014 roadster a couple of years and this week read the ECU with the Dealer tool i recently purchased. It shows the loaded tune number is 020776. I see on the receipts i got with the bike that it had Triumph TOR pipes on it but now has the standard pipes on it when i purchased the bike.
Am i correct in thinking the 020776 tune is for the TOR pipes and if so being that my bike is now running standard pipes with no apparent problems will it do any harm to the engine?
It runs and starts fine.
Do i need to get the original map loaded?
I know nothing about these tunes and do not know if this is all ok or what the original tune no is.
Any advice would be welcome.
I will have to put it in to Triumph if i need to get the tune changed.
Thanks for any help.

Hi Mike ,
If its running fine with no problems I would say leave it . You would feel hesitation , backfiring , running hot or smell unburnt fuel if there was a problem .

Thanks. Do you know if the 020776 tune (which is the official Tors tune i believe) increases the fuel for the tors or reduces it as it does run and idle fine but i don't want to burn out any valves or pistons. As i said i know nothing about these electronic tunes. I get no pop back on over run or nothing to say anything is wrong. I would not have been any the wiser if i had'nt read it with Tune ECU. A little knowledge is a dangerous and worrying thing!
The thing that slightly bothers me is when i bought my Harley Road King that has carbs and the dealer fitted a stage 1 with open pipes the carb was re jetted with bigger jets so it was running richer for the open pipes. Do you know if it is the same with the TORS?
Sorry it's a long question but i just need to get answers.
Thanks again for any advice.

Thanks. Do you know if the 020776 tune (which is the official Tors tune i believe) increases the fuel for the tors or reduces it as it does run and idle fine but i don't want to burn out any valves or pistons. As i said i know nothing about these electronic tunes. I get no pop back on over run or nothing to say anything is wrong. I would not have been any the wiser if i had'nt read it with Tune ECU. A little knowledge is a dangerous and worrying thing!
The thing that slightly bothers me is when i bought my Harley Road King that has carbs and the dealer fitted a stage 1 with open pipes the carb was re jetted with bigger jets so it was running richer for the open pipes. Do you know if it is the same with the TORS?
Sorry it's a long question but i just need to get answers.
Thanks again for any advice.

The Rocket like most bikes are tuned lean to pass the country's emissions . Yes the tune does increase the fuel but in reality its getting the mixture it should really have .

The Rocket like most bikes are tuned lean to pass the country's emissions . Yes the tune does increase the fuel but in reality its getting the mixture it should really have .
Thank you, so i am safe to leave it as it is. If its a bit rich but runs it should be ok. Running weak will do more damage.

Back