atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
Today was the first time I've ever ridden both my Bobber and T-120 for a Sunday ride. Part One of the ride was about 55 miles on the Bobber and when Tom (son-in-law rides a Speed Triple) and I stopped for a coffee he needed to use the bathroom. Sadly the coffee shop didn't have one so we were about 3 miles from my house and we decided to use my bathrooms. When we got home I decided to switch jackets because it was getting really warm so I put my mesh jacket on and thought "what the heck," and switched rides as well. Backed the T-120 out and put the Bobber in the garage. We then took off for another 30 to 40 mile wander. Some things I noticed immediately between the bikes, one; the ride position on the T-120 is more cramped since my feet are up under me, two, the power delivery is different between bikes. even though both have the 1200 parallel twin The T-120 requires more throttle to get the motor to really spin up whereas the Bobber is more torque right off the bottom. In the twistie bits that Tom prefers the T-120 has much needed ground clearance the Bobber only wishes it had. No grinding the peg feelers off the T-120. The T-120 has excellent cornering manners and goes where you aim it, but doesn't have the motor punch coming out of the corners like the Bobber does. Both are fun to ride and overall comfort I have to tip to the Bobber with it's forward controls, Tom Hurley seat, and high end suspension. The second leg was about 35 miles and my bum was starting to ache a bit from the T-120 brick of a bench seat, whereas the first leg was very comfortable indeed on medical gel foam. No squirming around trying to get the blood flow going in my backside on the Bobber. For sporty riding the T-120 hands down. For relaxed rides the Bobber. Now I need to get my Trophy 1200 out for some highway riding........

Back