Do they have aeroplanes in Hinkley?

ski

Hog Smogger
Ride
'14 Rocket III Touring
1: How long do you wait for parts on average?
2: Is there a distribution center in the US?
3: Does the Dealer give an option of air freight over slow boat?
4: If yes, Is there that much difference in price to ship?
5: When I order Chinese crap on E bay, how come it still gets here in a week or so?
6: Why has it been over 6 weeks for a $280 plastic side cover not to arrive?
7: Who marks up the price 10,000%?
8: Is the person who hand pinstripes the trim on the cover still on holiday?
9: Does customs hold up parts on purpose when they know darn well we want our Triumph parts yesterday?
10:Why is the temperature the same in May as it was in March when I ordered the part?
11: Do you think I am being #itchy?

1. Until they arrive, usually.
2. Many, many distribution centers in the US. WalMart probably having the most.
3. Dealers give no options, that is the first rule of dealerships.
4.. However it is sent, you will pay the highest possible charge for shipping, even if brought in overland by team of asses.
5. Because thay have hordes of tiny people working 22 hours a day to earn money, they get paid for the work done, not getting paid and then doing the work.
6. They have to collect enough water bottles to remelt and run a batch of covers off.
7. Everyone, but they only mark it up by 2-3%, by the time it gets to you the markups are done and you are stuck with them.
8. Holiday is over, but there was a terrible rugby accident and they are still trying to figure out how to tape the brush to his hand so he can make pretty lines.
9. Only if they know you are waiting anxiously, otherwise they breeze through.
10. Global warming, just ask Al Gore.
11. Well, I wasn't going to say anything, I was hoping some chocolate would help you feel better.

I feel your pain, if i were you, I would probably be calling the dealer every day, write a letter to Triumph USA, rinse and repeat as needed.

Hopefully it shows up before the riding season is over, but if not, look at the bright side, you will have a winter project, replacing the side cover. :)

bob

Last edited:
Is this thread shorthand for "Triumph USA's parts/accessories warehousing and distribution scheme sucks out loud?"

Back