Beachsidebiker

Standard Bore
I've been riding with a Lazer/Rader Detector now for some time with great success. I had it mounted to a small wind shield extension of my fly screen, but due to mounting tape problems I had to remove the extension and it is now mounted with Velcro to the back of the fly screen, and thou pointed down and completly behind the screen it still works great!
A cop buddy brought his Radar Gun over and did some tests on the set up. He explained that the radar and lazer signals would "bownce" all over the bike and reach the detector no matter where it was located, or in what position.
This seems to eliminate the need for a special mount for these units, the fly screen being the perfect place for them since it is in line of sight and close enough to hear.:D

One problem though, laser doesn't bounce off of things like the microwaves emmitted from the radar gun. It is light so it just reflects back. So if you "detect" it you probably have been nailed.

Pig9r said:
One problem though, laser doesn't bounce off of things like the microwaves emmitted from the radar gun. It is light so it just reflects back. So if you "detect" it you probably have been nailed.

That's what the cop thought, and he was surprized to find the lazer doing "strange things" when it hit the rockets front-end tidbits!:confused:

He also explained that the radar can only indicate that someone is speeding, but that he would have to visually determine which vehicle is speeding. Radar can be used while in motion, but not so with lazer. The lazer gun has to be aimed precisely using it's halograghic sight, which understandibly could be hazordous while driving, but like you said "you have been nailed"

Last edited:
Back