**SOLD** DEcosse Solid State Keyless Ignition w/ Immobilizer and extended harness $200

EM549

.020 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
I have a used DEcosse Solid State Keyless Ignition with optional engine Immobilizer and extended harness. The extended harness allows you to place the unit under the seat on RamAir installed bikes. The keyless start is less than 1 year old. Guaranteed to come with 1 remote, but there is a possibility that I will locate the second remote. If I find the second remote I will send it to the buyer as well, even if it is after I ship the keyless start to the buyer. This unit originally cost $405 plus shipping with 1 remote. The keyless ignition was built and installed in March 2019. The keyless ignition in and of itself works flawlessly. I AM ASKING $300 including shipping anywhere in the USA. I will ship priority mail.

Full disclosure: Immediately after my installation, I experienced intermittent issues with my SENA Bluetooth communicator. I recently removed the keyless ignition system and now believe that the keyless ignition was the source of my problems with the Sena. If you use Bluetooth communication devices, then this may not be the item for you. I did inquire with DEcosse about my issue, he did not think the keyless ignition would cause interference with the Sena Bluetooth. Since removing the keyless ignition, I have not experienced any difficulty with my Sena Bluetooth.
IMG_2750.jpg

FWIW, I've had two different versions of @DEcosse keyless ignition and routinely use SENA 20.

And the frequencies of the two units are not even close. PKE works around 315 MHz, while BlueTooth is in the 2.4 GHz region. And the PKE is way low on power -- on mine, one bike length away and it loses link -- a good thing since it's not a good idea to make it easy for someone who might want to record the signal for nefarious purposes.

SENA 20 has its own issues with BT connectivity from time to time, and reverse of you, those issues occur, fortunately not often, but with no correlation with the keyless unit.

You certainly have not identified cause and effect.

FWIW, I've had two different versions of @DEcosse keyless ignition and routinely use SENA 20.

And the frequencies of the two units are not even close. PKE works around 315 MHz, while BlueTooth is in the 2.4 GHz region. And the PKE is way low on power -- on mine, one bike length away and it loses link -- a good thing since it's not a good idea to make it easy for someone who might want to record the signal for nefarious purposes.

SENA 20 has its own issues with BT connectivity from time to time, and reverse of you, those issues occur, fortunately not often, but with no correlation with the keyless unit.

You certainly have not identified cause and effect.
I am using a SENA 10Upad. My issues with the Sena began as soon as I installed the keyless ignition. At the time of installation, I was also trying to make a tachometer a previous owner installed function properly using a signal multiplier. I thought the signal multiplier might have been the cause of my issues. I took the tachometer, signal meter, and related parts off and threw them away 6 months ago. My issue with the Sena was thus, the Sena would work great when the bike was not running, but once you got on the bike with the engine running, all controls on the Sena are locked up. Not a signal button would function on my helmet or on my remote. Once you would stop the bike and the Sena and the remote would function as normal. While in its locked up state the Sena would work when another Sena initiated the intercom function. We are talking full functionality except my Sena buttons would not work. Once the bike was stopped the Sena would once again work correctly. I have fooled around with this for nearly a year. Once I removed the keyless start I have had no more problems and my Sena and the related remote function as they did before the keyless start installation. Perhaps it is the immobilizer circuit creating some sort of interference. I really did not want to believe that the keyless start could be the issue but I am completely convinced that it was.

The keyless start worked wonderfully though, with the exception of the issues with my Sena.

Well this has opened a can of worms...

I use the Sena10R and am looking at putting a wireless start on Mor'Du. I was convinced I wanted the @DEcosse until I saw this post.

NOW I'm not SURE. One out of hundreds isn't an indication of a real problem, but I'd LOVE to hear more input, and more theories on what's actually going on.

@EM549 I can see your reasoning and would likely come to the same conclusion, but I still think it odd that you're one of...how many... that use Sena...

SO, others... INPUT PLEASE???

I use the Sena10R and am looking at putting a wireless start on Mor'Du. I was convinced I wanted the @DEcosse until I saw this post.

NOW I'm not SURE. One out of hundreds isn't an indication of a real problem, but I'd LOVE to hear more input, and more theories on what's actually going on.

@EM549 I can see your reasoning and would likely come to the same conclusion, but I still think it odd that you're one of...how many... that use Sena...

My issue for the past 10 months has been that the buttons on the SENA and the buttons on my remote absolutely would not function while I would ride the bike. It could be some odd combination of things causing the interference. This would happen every signal trip. My friend was always able to initiate a conversation with me, but none of my buttons would operate so that I could initiate the intercom. Before the keyless ignition, the Sena worked flawlessly. For 10 months, issues every single trip. Always it was the same issue every time the Sena properly before and after. Hell with the bike running I could not even turn off the Sena. With the bike off, the buttons on the Sena and the remote function properly. I tried restoring the Sena, using without the remote, and firmware upgrades. The only thing I did not do until recently was to remove the keyless ignition. Once I did, the Sena functions properly.

To recap:
1. Sena and the remote function properly while engine is off.
2. Buttons on Sena and remote are non-responsive while engine is running.
3. Problem did not manifest itself until the time I installed the keyless start.
4. Problem would happen every signal time I rode.
5. Friend could inititate communication while the Sena was in its non-responsive state.
6. Problem with Sena resolved itself upon removal of keyless start.

I wish I had the technical knowledge to diagnose the exact issue. It is fascinating.

I have the Sena SLR for the SHOI helmet with DEcosse' remote start and haven't experienced any such issues at all. Like what was previously stated, the frequencies of BT and this remote system are so far apart I'm not sure how it's related... but it does sound like some sort of EMI issue. Maybe a clock or another component of that specific unit wasn't fully shielded??? I wonder if you wrapped the box in aluminum foil or copper wire and grounded it to the bike if that would stop any of the interference?? Again, in no way an expert but I've been reading up of EMI because my invisible dog fence experiences issues when a thunderstorm rolls by.

A lot of the "immobilizers" use 2.4 GHz, which is the same freq as Bluetooth. Not sure how these were designed so I can't say. My homemade system uses 2.4 GHz and has zero interaction with any Bluetooth units/links that I use. Easiest way to get the answer is to ask the man who made the unit @DEcosse.

Definitely sounds like EMI (actually what I do for a living...) but not all Bluetooth units are the same, as seen by the fact that my system does not interfere w/ any other BT devices I'm using. Just cause something operates in the same freq range doesn't mean it'll definitely interfere.

For anyone that might be interested. I have reduced my asking price by $100. The current price as reflected in the title of the thread is now $200. Also, I have searched my work area and cannot locate the second key fob, so this unit will only come with 1 key fob.

He must have connected a wrong wire or something. Never a problem between my @DEcosse keyless three different Sena units!

Back