Crickets with the secondaries removed

budman

Nitrous
Ride
2006 standard
..I think I remember reading on here that the sound of the 'crickets' is actually the valves opening and closing..I don't know, but personally, I like the sound....it's the sound of power being made..:mrgreen:..

Thought about it, that 2ndry rod certainly is in the way......

..I think I remember reading on here that the sound of the 'crickets' is actually the valves opening and closing..I don't know, but personally, I like the sound....it's the sound of power being made..:mrgreen:..
yup! :lol:

I'd suspect that is correct.. I had mine set with the tuneboy to be 100% all the time and had the same noises!! Kinda liked it!

This was done by Hombre some time ago I remember him posting on it either her or the .net site who knows maybe both. I hear a whistle when I twist my throttle no churping well maybe the tires every now and then :)

I suspect it's there with the air box and plumbing, but muffled because of the intake tract. Removing all the junk allows the melodiuos crickets to roar. I get it under hard acceleration, but just winding up the throttle doesn't usually deliver the racket. You reduced (did not eliminate) part of the issue. I used Tuneboy to open the secondaries to 100% so I don't have a whistle, just the crickets. if you get it completely sorted and locate the culprit, post it up.

Ive grown acustom to the whistle and love it!!!! the only way to rid the bike of it would be to cut the belt to the blower :):):)
and that aint happening:):)

Back