Confirmed: 1st Valve Clearance check s/b 20,000

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I'm opening a separate thread for this even though there are several threads about it so that there's more chance anyone interested will see it.

I contacted Triumph USA and Triumph in England asking if the 1st valve clearance check s/b be at 10,000 as the manual states or if it was changed to 20,000 and simply not changed in the owner's manual or factory service manual. This should hopefully settle this issue.

"Thanks for contacting Triumph Motorcycles. UK asked me to respond to your request.

The correct mileage for valve inspection is every 20,000 miles on your bike beginning at 20,000 miles. I know the owners manual states 10,000 then 30,000 and every 20,000 at the point, that is in fact incorrect. UK has recognized the error and is working on revising Owners Handbooks to reflect the changes.

Revised Service Interval sheets went out to our dealers last year via a notice.

Hope that brings some clarification and should you have additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Darren Fairey
Customer Service Technician
Triumph Motorcycles America Ltd.
ref:_00D507g5C._50050vBnG8:ref"

well mine is at 35000 miles i guess i should put it at the bottom of my to do list

edit:(:laugh::laugh:

I've got a while to go so I am good....though I do wish they had thought up some hydraulic lash adjusters. They would be fine for the rpms we run at. Shim and bucket gives plenty of potential sure, but the majority of us ain't running in that territory!

Back