Thedoctorr

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3
Hi All
This is my 1st rocket in my 23 bikes owned over many many years.
I have searched tirelessly through the service manual on how to take out the clutch switch but nothing on how this is done.
Can anyone tell me how to do this please.

regards
Neil

Hello and Welcome! What year? On my '14 R3T I've only had to do it once but it was fairly straight forward with a small screwdriver. Please see attached.
-MIG

Attachments

• image_2021-06-18_222130.png
    image_2021-06-18_222130.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Hi Neil, You'll have running problems with the clutch switch removed and permanently looped out. The Engine Management has different mapping for differing gears compared to neutral. It will always stay in the neutral map if you bypass the clutch switch. If you put the bike on a stand / raise the rear wheel with the engine running and put in say second gear, the engine map does not change then, as you start to release the clutch lever slowly the wheel will start to turn and when the lever is past where the clutch switch goes open circuit, you will hear the engine map change in the running of the engine.

Edit: I now re-read your post and I am not sure if you want to remove it for replacement or bypass it totally?

Hi Neil, You'll have running problems with the clutch switch removed and permanently looped out. The Engine Management has different mapping for differing gears compared to neutral. It will always stay in the neutral map if you bypass the clutch switch. If you put the bike on a stand / raise the rear wheel with the engine running and put in say second gear, the engine map does not change then, as you start to release the clutch lever slowly the wheel will start to turn and when the lever is past where the clutch switch goes open circuit, you will hear the engine map change in the running of the engine.

Edit: I now re-read your post and I am not sure if you want to remove it for replacement or bypass it totally?
Sorry I meant to say just to remove to clean then slot back in.
I managed to remove it yesterday and cleaned the switch and replaced and cleaned out the kill switch also. Fired up straight away this morning. 😃

Hello and Welcome! What year? On my '14 R3T I've only had to do it once but it was fairly straight forward with a small screwdriver. Please see attached.
-MIG
Unfortunately I broke the switch trying to remove cracked the housing
I can find online butmits the whole wiring assembly is there any good instructions to replace this I can seem to find any and the cost of a new one is $165.00 somi don't want to mess it up

Back