Frosty Rider

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 R III T, 2020 R 3GT, 2001 HD CVO WideGlide
Ok, this is driving me crazy, my clutch we out of adjustment suddenly, checked the cable and it is good, (only a month old) I have adjusted up, down, and all around, and I can't get it quite right, I have never had this much trouble with a clutch before. currently,

When stopped you can feel it pulling slightly, you need to hold the brakes or brace to keep it from pulling forward, but if you are in the upper range of the gears (high 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th and you go on it, the clutch slips, I can't seem to get that just right spot, adjusting the cable at the lever end makes the clutch grab more, especially when stopped, i'm going nuts with this, i'll take any and all idea's, I haven't been steered wrong here yet.

IDK, but it sounds like more than adjustment, it can't be both ways if it's adjustment, I don't think.

it is possible for clutches to go bad and when they slip they get hot enough to warp and once they warp they take up more clearance so they will drag even with the clutch lever pulled as far as u can. this makes the bike want to move forward.
if the clutches slip with free play in the cable then something is bad. clutches/springs ect.

I no expert but, Could it be lack oil to clutch ? I had this with a blade 918, it went away once it warmed up and totally gone after oil change

Back