Cleaning the 2020s

Are any of you guys considering starting off right away with a protectant like ACF50? I always mean to, then can't stay off the new bike long enough.
Salted roads are evil.

OMG three grand and just now washing it?:eek:

I started by an alcohol wipe and The Last Coat while it was still at the dealer. I went out and ran into salty roads so I wake it with the soap from the same company and will detail it with Amp from the same company. I like a clean well protected bike.

On aluminum I use the same products. You don’t want an abrasive cleaner on any part.
Having discovered TLC thanks to Mr @tribal - I would have to agree that it is best used right from day 1.

AMP ime is really not much use on plastics or paint even as a top finisher. Those surfaces recover better with a quick wipe over with basic TLC. It is however the mutt nuts on glass and mirrors. It gives a close to optically neutral visibility.

ACF50 - is wonderful stuff for those who intend to use their toy all year. But I have yet to see how well it plays with others. It is known in the aircraft maintenance industry as being a right royal pita if it gets onto surfaces that are to be treated with something else.

So after nearly 3000 miles on the new scoot I am thinking of washing the thing. Is anyone using anthing special on the the aluminum parts or just good ole soap and water? The manual says to use a proprietary type of aluminum cleaner without abrasives. All the aluminum cleaning products I can find are cleaner/polishers so they must contain abrasives. Also googling the issue one place says use glass cleaner another says never use glass cleaner. Thoughts?
Every metal polish is abrasive!.....period! Soap and water can never hurt anything but don't expect any great result.
Glass cleaners are excellent if they don't contain ammonia.

So after nearly 3000 miles on the new scoot I am thinking of washing the thing. Is anyone using anthing special on the the aluminum parts or just good ole soap and water? The manual says to use a proprietary type of aluminum cleaner without abrasives. All the aluminum cleaning products I can find are cleaner/polishers so they must contain abrasives. Also googling the issue one place says use glass cleaner another says never use glass cleaner. Thoughts?
Who knows what these Gremlins are and I've been wracking my brain over what they can be. I do know that trying to "polish" them out will destroy the finish on you headers.
I've come to using Easy Off oven cleaner...letting it sit for 24 hours and using a moist sponge to remove is the best non- damaging removal I have found.

I use Weiman spray stainless steel cleaner on my entire exhaust. I also used it on the chrome on my 2014 Rocket and it polished it up and never scratched after 7 years. I spray it on the 2020 Rockets exhaust and gently wipe off, then polish with a micro fiber rag and it forms a protective coat and looks better than new. It works well and the shine is fantastic.

Back