Classic Motorcycle Racing

Hondax

Nitrous
Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
Silverstone, in conjunction with the Classic Racing Motorcycle Club (CRMC), has assembled the cream of Classic Motorcycle Racers, with machines from twenty different manufacturers, ready to do battle on the historic Grand Prix circuit at the eagerly anticipated Silverstone Classic (28-30 July).

The Silverstone Classic will be celebrating eight decades of classic motorsport, showcasing some of the most valuable and highly sought after machinery ever raced, featuring race cars and - for the first time - two races for Classic 750 and Unlimited Motor Cycles. More than 50 riders have entered on machines of 750cc and above, including CRMC Racer of the Year and 2006 King of Brands Lea Gourlay, Classic Racer Syndicate National 1300 Champion Gary Thwaites, TT star Guy Martin and 1968 King of Brands Ron Chandler.

The UK’s top Classic and Post Classic Motorcycle Racers will compete on the 3.144 mile Historic GP circuit, with one race scheduled for Saturday – the Mike Hailwood Trophy, and a second race taking place on the Sunday - the John Surtees Trophy.

Two classes will compete within each race, the pre 1972 Classic, dominated by British and European machines and the pre 1984 Post Classic, dominated by the early Japanese bikes. Favourites in the pre 1972 class must be 2006 TT star Guy Martin aboard the 750 Triumph of John Sims based at Silverstone, and Lea Gourlay on his Lidgate Triumph. In the pre 1984 class, large capacity, four cylinder, two and four stroke machines rule the roost. In particular look out for the nine Yamaha TZ750 four cylinder two strokes, fearsome beasts in their day, and nothing has changed to alter this description in the last 20 years!

Saturday’s motorcycle race is scheduled to start at 09:10hrs and Sunday’s race at 10:05hrs. In addition to spectacular racing, the entire infield will be packed with car and motorcycle club displays featuring an array of Classic and Post Classic bikes; a free period fun fair; air displays; hot air balloon flights; an Antique & Craft Fair; trade stalls; a Photo & Art Gallery; The Scalextric Roadshow, plus live music and barbecues in the famous Scarf & Goggles entertainment area.

The list of activities is numerous, with plenty to keep the whole family entertained throughout the 3-days, both on and off the track.

Tickets for the 2006 Silverstone Classic have been priced at an attractive £15 per day if booked in advance (£20 on the day), while special Event Tickets offer great value at £40 for all three days. Children aged 15 years and under, accompanied by an adult, go free, while parking, roving grandstand seating, Paddock access and centre transfer are all also included in these special prices. To purchase tickets, or for further information on the 2006 Silverstone Classic, visit www.silverstone.co.uk/classic, or call 08704 588 260.

We have "Vintage Days" in the states which is held every year at the Mid-Ohio Raceway I believe. All amateurs as far as I know though.

AHRMA Racing

VonBonds and Hondax:

The AHRMA American Historic Motorcycle Racing Association races at Mid Ohio and I believe there is also a Thruxton Cup Challange race. I never seem to get there even though it's not that far from here. I always seem to be farming that week.

Back