Check engine light automatic at 600 miles?

EskimoPie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Hey, my check engine light came on today but I looked down and I was at 599 miles. Is it set to automatically come on at 600 miles to tell you to get your first service or do I need to get more concerned it's something real? Bike is running normally.

Yes, time for your first oil change! Congrats!

The check engine light (or at least this one code) needs to be cleared by a trained technician.

If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the service light will come on but you just need to reset the clock & calendar to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Yes, time for your first oil change! Congrats!

The check engine light (or at least this one code) needs to be cleared by a trained technician.

If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the service light will come on but you just need to reset the clock & calendar to get rid of it.
"If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the service light will come on but you just need to reset the clock & calendar to get rid of it." This is a handy bit of information!!!! Thanks! This site pays for itself :)

Just saw this as I am getting ready to do the 600 miles service. Are you saying once the battery is disconneted and re-connected, resetting the clock and callendar will get rid of the service light?

Just saw this as I am getting ready to do the 600 miles service. Are you saying once the battery is disconneted and re-connected, resetting the clock and callendar will get rid of the service light?
Not if the service date set in bike is past due, and you cannot change the service date as it requires the dealer tool. I don't know if tuneecu has that function yet.

Not if the service date set in bike is past due, and you cannot change the service date as it requires the dealer tool. I don't know if tuneecu has that function yet.
My Ducati sends a red banner to my dashboard at one year despite the fact that oil and filter have les than 900 miles on them.
I cannot shut off the warning myself but have to go to the dealer to do so!! Abusive, from my perspective!
Ducati wants to preserve its dealers income!

Tuneecu and an OBD2 scanner will remove service wrench light.
Are you sure Maurice? Yes, you can clear trouble codes, but a service light that's set for the reason of you being past a service mileage I thought could only be cleared by the dealer tool.

Are you sure Maurice? Yes, you can clear trouble codes, but a service light that's set for the reason of you being past a service mileage I thought could only be cleared by the dealer tool.
Positive cause I did it. Once scanner connected, tune ecu app on phone walks you through steps. There is an option reset service dates or something like that. One option was 5k miles which is what I selected. Then you put in today's date. If you need help let me know. Not hard if I can do it. Which will be really embarrassing if you cannot!🤭

Back