Check engine light automatic at 600 miles?

EskimoPie

.060 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Hey, my check engine light came on today but I looked down and I was at 599 miles. Is it set to automatically come on at 600 miles to tell you to get your first service or do I need to get more concerned it's something real? Bike is running normally.

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Yes, time for your first oil change! Congrats!

The check engine light (or at least this one code) needs to be cleared by a trained technician.

If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the service light will come on but you just need to reset the clock & calendar to get rid of it.

Last edited:

smordue1

Steve in Tampa
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT in fast Black
Yes, time for your first oil change! Congrats!

The check engine light (or at least this one code) needs to be cleared by a trained technician.

If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the service light will come on but you just need to reset the clock & calendar to get rid of it.
"If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the service light will come on but you just need to reset the clock & calendar to get rid of it." This is a handy bit of information!!!! Thanks! This site pays for itself :)