Bondysbike

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket Roadster
Well nothing’s simple I guess.

Just did a quick search through the forum. I simply want to replace my brake and tail light OEM bulbs to brighter LED’s.

Read the posts and totally confused. I gathered that it’s a RED bulb I want. Can anyone recommend a bulb and plug and play harness. That’s it.

Thanks...

Its an 1157 socket. The issue will be to find one that is not too tall to fit inside the housing.

This is the one I bought from Custom Dynamics, they don't list it on their site anymore, but their customer service may be able to help you out.
1157 High Power LED 1157HW$42.95$42.95 Red (1157HW-R) Add $3.00

I second Custom Dynamics as a good resource, everything I've bought from them has been high quality and worked as advertised.

Its an 1157 socket. The issue will be to find one that is not too tall to fit inside the housing.

This is the one I bought from Custom Dynamics, they don't list it on their site anymore, but their customer service may be able to help you out.
1157 High Power LED 1157HW$42.95$42.95 Red (1157HW-R) Add $3.00

Under the OEM lens, any 1157 "LED" will suck, but a red one will better than a white.
I'd suggest leave it alone for now as @barbagris is working on a true LED replacement.
For now go with some WAY better running lights like I did.
Rear Array3.jpg

I had these before. They were fine. The LED in my previous post is a newer design and definitely brighter.

Good to know. I'll try that if I replace in the future. I'm now 100 % LED on the bike. Next project will be mounting charger and phone holder (gps) on t-bars

Back