British/Norwegian/American bike

Welcome Jan from another western Washington rider. Where in CA is the bike garaged? From the palm trees it looks to be SOCAL but other areas have them too.

You're in for a wild ride and all the information you will need can be obtained from this site.
Correct! The bike is garaged near Palm Springs :cool: Perfect for fall and winter vacations! As for summer - - well, I just have to head north or to the coast - fast! :D

Welcome from exotic Idaho. Cardinal Red with black engine started in 06. Chrome valve cover was on original 04/05 Rockets and Classics. Gauges look to be 04/05 though.
Take a picture of your vin plate on the left side of the bike and post it.
It IS a 2004, but the previous owner painted the engine. Actually, I got an old engine case as well, for some reason - I'm not sure why (a friend bought it for me). The guarantee fix for the transmission roller bearing don't include a new engine case?

Hello Jan and welcome from Virginia. That is one heck of a commute, but I sure do understand why!

Hi all!

This is my 2004 Rocket 3, purchased in SoCal this summer. Mainshaft bearing issue fixed, LED headlights, heated grips, ++. Also has a slight dent in gas tank, and a very minor leak from rear part of engine – but being used to old Harleys, a few drops of oil doesn’t scare me ;)

Upgrade plans winter 2018/19: new exhaust, bags of some kind.

Since I’m a Norwegian citizen, living in Norway, I haven’t been able to ride it yet. The bike is parked at a friend of mine in California, and will keep it’s California plate,- I’m planning three trips to California each year.

BTW; I’m not a rich guy, just a motorcycle addict (+ totally in love with the US) – and since the winter in Norway lasts from November until April, this makes my life’s much easier!

Looking forward to many, many miles all over USA (and Canada) in the years to come :thumbsup:

Jan Sigurd Aarberg
Oslo, Norway
Welcome big guy" you'll love California, i've been their several times while in the Navy, people are very open minded and not afraid to express their diversity and love for one another, just be sure and coast quickly through some of the high minded southern states where many folks stand for nothing and will fall for anything, you can see evidence of that mind set by looking at the fraud that we have in the white house, you know the one elected by Russia! "LOL"

Back