Belated newbie from Worcestershire, UK

Big Si

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2006
Sorry folks, it would appear after checking my activity on here over the last month or so that I haven't actually said "hello", i.e. I have not formally introduced myself!:eek:
My name is Simon...."Big Si" (I am not remotely small, except in that area says the wife:banghead:) I have recently bought a R3 Classic, re -import from the good ol' USA from a dealer in Lincolnshire, here in the UK.
I would like to report that it was a smooth, easy sale, but I can't because it was a disaster from day 1, but that's another story.
I took delivery 1st Feb '19. Farkles attached so far are..Fehling 38mm front crash/highway bars (bought from this forum, thanks Lionel), Stebel nautilus horn, fly screen, (also bought Summer screen which I may be selling), Dave Platt cat bypass pipe (awesome sound even with stock exhausts), battery tender etc.
I don't like the heel and toe gear change which I am hoping to change (also thanks to r3owners.net for ideas and suggestions received with thanks). I have been trying to get some info on changing the stock Classic'06 handlbars for something that doesn't totally deform my wrists. Triumph Rocket 3 UK owners forum ( of which I am also a member) point me in the direction of people that can help supposedly but they are either a) dead, b) retired c) out of business, see "b", or d) can't be arsed to get back to you.
I will however, in true Brit form, persevere, with a stiff upper lip and acquire some T bars (probably again from Fehling, although you can imagine how that sticks in the craw of an Englishman). In fairness though, when I contacted them to supply English instructions for their crash/highway bars, they could not have been more helpful. One more way that it pays to have won WW11 ! (Joking:sneaky:)
I shall now retire to my bed, so a good night to one and all, fellow Rocketeers!

Marnin' - Where abouts in Wustershure? - I have family about 10 miles-ish due West of Wuster! (Suckley to be exact).

1) T Bars - See those by our very own @chandelierman - Big and butch (the bars anyway) - he's doing a batch NOW! More T bars available
2) Heel and toe - I used a modfied Tarozzi rearset - BUT discovered these Alloy Fixed Universal Rearset Footrests in Silver yesterday - Cheaper. You may need to muck about with a bush - but!!

Big Si, welcome from Maine, Captain:) I find the stock bars 2016 Roadster to be quite nice, but I'm 6-3 with 32-33 in arms. Do you have stubbies:unsure::roll: Anyways, the link mentioned above for the T bars, people simply love,

Hoopla

Marnin' - Where abouts in Wustershure? - I have family about 10 miles-ish due West of Wuster! (Suckley to be exact).

1) T Bars - See those by our very own @chandelierman - Big and butch (the bars anyway) - he's doing a batch NOW! More T bars available
2) Heel and toe - I used a modfied Tarozzi rearset - BUT discovered these Alloy Fixed Universal Rearset Footrests in Silver yesterday - Cheaper. You may need to muck about with a bush - but!!

Mornin', yes Suckley not far away, about 10-15 miles. I have spoken to chandelierman but he is not doing chrome ones, so i'd have to buy a bare steel one and get it done myself.
Thanks for the links :thumbsup:

Back