Back to the dealership

Heated grips (THROTTLE CORD SNAPPED) broke on my 2008 Rocket Touring, fortunately only 3miles from home... and I just coasted in idled first gear. Do yourself a favor, get heated gloves instead.

Attachments

• IMAG1671_2.jpg
    IMAG1671_2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 25
GPMAZ, well...today I went ahead and put on the heated grips anyway, but I did ask the question and after seeing the kit I am not sure where this plastic piece that is holding the throttle cable is...in short I didn't see it. Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the unit and post it and let me know if it is the same one that you had break on you. My control for the heated grips is on the left side of the handlebars and other than being bolted around the handlebars it is not attached to anything much less the throttle cable which is on the right side of the handlebars.

I had the 12V accessory socket installed and bought the attachment that goes from the Triumph Optimizer battery "maintainer" and plugs right into the powerlet receptacle.

I found out that the 140 Cubic Inches embellisher is no longer available to order but Dink did find two dealerships that had it and called the first one...they confirmed they had one and are sending it to D&D's on Tuesday.

And the right foglight bulb was defective, was replaced and now I have a full working set of foglights now.

All in all a good day.
BUY BACKUP THROTTLE GRIP, be prepared for WHEN
GPMAZ, well...today I went ahead and put on the heated grips anyway, but I did ask the question and after seeing the kit I am not sure where this plastic piece that is holding the throttle cable is...in short I didn't see it. Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the unit and post it and let me know if it is the same one that you had break on you. My control for the heated grips is on the left side of the handlebars and other than being bolted around the handlebars it is not attached to anything much less the throttle cable which is on the right side of the handlebars.

I had the 12V accessory socket installed and bought the attachment that goes from the Triumph Optimizer battery "maintainer" and plugs right into the powerlet receptacle.

I found out that the 140 Cubic Inches embellisher is no longer available to order but Dink did find two dealerships that had it and called the first one...they confirmed they had one and are sending it to D&D's on Tuesday.

And the right foglight bulb was defective, was replaced and now I have a full working set of foglights now.

All in all a good day.
GET BACKUP THROTTLE

Back