Auxiliary Lighting

Rocket3Pilot

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
After lots of research of all the options out there this is what I came up with and it's just incredible and relatively easy to rig. Rigid Industries SR-Q2 91431 $199US. It fits perfectly between the fork tubes and mounts directly to the lower triple tree. They make it in 3 options for the type of light you want, long narrow focused beam, close wide angle, or a driving light that's a mix of both. I chose the driving and I think it's a perfect compliment to the stock headlights. It is too bright for traffic though so I rigged the light to come on only with the high beams. That allows me to just use the stock H/L switch. Rigid Industries LED Lights, LED Light Bars and Light Mounts For Less!! IMG_0462.jpg IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg

I was also contemplating those lights. How far ahead would you say they light up the road?

That's amazing. I want to see some more pictures with the light off and on as a comparison in the dark.

I was also contemplating those lights. How far ahead would you say they light up the road?
It is way beyond the stock headlights high beams. It's also a whiter light. I have it set up so I can disable it with one switch or leave it on whenever I use high beam. Really, really bright, almost no current draw and if you have looked at the Rigid products they are extremely rugged and durable. I'm so glad I went that route over the halide stuff.

Rigid produces good products. I would also consider their "Dually HD Spot".
It puts out 64,600 candela peak opposed to the 20,612 cd of the "SR-Q2".
Mathematically this works out to real world object identification of an object at 142 feet versus 80 feet. Also at $140 each versus $210, you could get two!
With two of the Duallys the distance would improve to 200 feet.

Note my numbers are for these lights only and in the dark, without any other mounted lights or ambient light.
Dually HD - Spot Surface White Black / Yellow | Rigid Industries

I checked out the link to the Dually HD lights.....I was hoping that they would be direct bolt on replacements for the two stock headlights on the Roadster but unfortunately they were not. I would like some that looks light the stock lights but with at least twice the brightness/range (and that don't cost $500 each!)

Rocket3Pilot.....what fairing do you have on your bike? I thought that the only fairing that fit the twin headlights of the Roadster was the Corbin but I did think yours was the Corbin fairing.

I checked out the link to the Dually HD lights.....I was hoping that they would be direct bolt on replacements for the two stock headlights on the Roadster but unfortunately they were not. I would like some that looks light the stock lights but with at least twice the brightness/range (and that don't cost $500 each!)
Then this is what you need. They are a tight fit, but they do fit - and are BRILLIANT!!!
3800 Lumen H4 LED Headlight bulb

Rigid produces good products. I would also consider their "Dually HD Spot".
It puts out 64,600 candela peak opposed to the 20,612 cd of the "SR-Q2".
Mathematically this works out to real world object identification of an object at 142 feet versus 80 feet. Also at $140 each versus $210, you could get two!
With two of the Duallys the distance would improve to 200 feet.

Note my numbers are for these lights only and in the dark, without any other mounted lights or ambient light.
Dually HD - Spot Surface White Black / Yellow | Rigid Industries
I'm not sure about the math but I read and considered all the threads about daymakers, halide, and other off brand led's. I'll probably start a squabble here but I really didn't have a problem with the stock headlights to begin with, I just wanted to supplement them for the big stretches when I took the road trip out west. I didn't want to sacrifice the stock look or have a bunch of lights hanging all over it so my priorities were, small, aerodynamic, visually unobtrusive, and be functional for the effort to instal them. It seemed to me to be perfect on all counts. It worked way better than I expected both distance and width of beam and not only filled some of the shadow rays of the stock headlights but blended it's brighter white light with the somewhat yellowish stock lamps. It's hard to quantify but it did seem like daylight out. The thing is, there are very few places where you can turn it on without blinding the on coming traffic even on the big vast stretches out west. I'd highly recommend a separate cut-out switch. Back here on the east coast I can barely use it or it just becomes an on/off drill. I just can't imagine needing any more light than this?

Back