Are You a Hard Core Biker?

Hondax

Nitrous
Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
American Motorcyclist Magazine carried an article in their Nov. edition entitled “82 ways to tell if your are a hard core motorcycle rider”. Here are a few I can relate to. The choices in bold type can apply to collector car enthusiasts as well.
The best of the 82 are included here.
1. Your 401K holdings include a Triumph, 3 Harleys and a “motorcycle to be named later”
2. You evaluate new houses by the size of their garage.
3. The phrase “Iron Butt” doesn’t apply to your mother-in-law
4. At least once, you have bought a new project because you felt sorry for it.
5. you carry a pair of ratchet tie downs in the back of your truck “just in case”
6. You decided to take the practical approach to downsizing your collection through the “buy 1 sell 2″ plan
7. You then abandoned the second half of the plan after implementing the first half.
8. At least once you have bought a new acquisition under the pretense that it’s “for the wife”.
9. You know you can fit 6 motorcycles in the space of one car.
10. The dirt under your fingernails never goes away.
11. You sold your transport trailer to a friend so you can borrow it back anytime you need it.
12. You can drive approximately 3 feet with the front disc brake lock still attached.
13. Page 58 of the service manual is missing and the grease stain on page 83 means that you have to guess at the torque spec on your clutch cover bolts.
14. You will ride 300 miles of interstate just to reach 11 miles of twisty road.
15. You will wait to eat until the sun goes down just to get more “seat time”.
16. You have seen or own these 7 movies:
On Any Sunday
The Great Escape
Easy Rider
Electra Glide in Blue
Worlds Fastest Indian
Jupiter’s Travels
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
The Wild One
Dust to Glory

Last edited:
Touché!

Hondax said:
American Motorcyclist Magazine carried an article in their Nov. edition entitled “82 ways to tell if your are a hard core motorcycle rider”. Here are a few I can relate to. The choices in bold type can apply to collector car enthusiasts as well.

The best of the 82 are included here.
1. Your 401K holdings include a Triumph, 3 Harleys and a “motorcycle to be named later”
2. You evaluate new houses by the size of their garage.
3. The phrase “Iron Butt” doesn’t apply to your mother-in-law
4. At least once, you have bought a new project because you felt sorry for it.
5. you carry a pair of ratchet tie downs in the back of your truck “just in case”
6. You decided to take the practical approach to downsizing your collection through the “buy 1 sell 2″ plan
7. You then abandoned the second half of the plan after implementing the first half.
8. At least once you have bought a new acquisition under the pretense that it’s “for the wife”.
9. You know you can fit 6 motorcycles in the space of one car.
10. The dirt under your fingernails never goes away.
11. You sold your transport trailer to a friend so you can borrow it back anytime you need it.
12. You can drive approximately 3 feet with the front disc brake lock still attached.
13. Page 58 of the service manual is missing and the grease stain on page 83 means that you have to guess at the torque spec on your clutch cover bolts.
14. You will ride 300 miles of interstate just to reach 11 miles of twisty road.
15. You will wait to eat until the sun goes down just to get more “seat time”.
16. You have seen or own these 7 movies:
On Any Sunday
The Great Escape
Easy Rider
Electra Glide in Blue
Worlds Fastest Indian
Jupiter’s Travels
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
The Wild One
Dust to Glory

Shrewd selection, Hondax. That could be ME. Close enough, anyway. :bch:

Jamie

Lets see how I rate...

1.Three Triumphs, one old Harley
2. Dream house...one bedroom, three car garage
3. None of those....thank God
4. My most recient purchase...'75 750 Trident that needed a good home
5. Eight tie downs, one 2x12x8 foot board.
6. Sell a bike...HA!
7. It's no wonder i have four bikes.
8. None of those either...thank God!
9. Yep...and once fit two fully dressed FLH's in the back of a pickup without a scratch!
10. And you don't mind eating with them that way.
11. Never owned one...never will.
12. Ouch! I guess that's why i don't use them.
13. After my delemia with my Rocket...my manual could stand some repair!
14. A standard routine living in the flatlands of Florida. BlueRidge Moutains...here i come.
15. Stopping to sit around and eat or bar hop is for losers!
16. I have an original hardbound copy of the "Mouse and the Motorcycle"
Bigern

Back