Anyone successfully modded the exhaust?

Someone will do it for sure....you need a replacement box i think in case you need to put it back to stock. To build my system is $NZ2500 so you dont really want to do that every time you update the bike as i did. I put my 2020 GT back to stock and used the 'boombox' on my Triple Black when i got that. If you get an Engineer to build one he will need your cat box to create a jig....he then can go ahead and build more for potential other clients. We found that the covers that go back on...the muffler looking bits, are different spacings from bike to bike...slightly, so it takes some jiggling to fit them so they look factory again...its doable but you need patience. The one 50mm pipe exiting the muffler looks way better than the factory 'one inside another look' in my opinion....sounds better too with a deeper growl, especially when youre in 4th...low revs...and give it to her!..It fair growls!

Just out of curiosity I emailed Dave Platt (who is a qualified military engineer) and he said (I'll paraphrase here)
" don’t do the random drilling, you can f##k it up with no recourse for repair or replacement "
I respect Dave's opinion and what he doesn't know about exhaust systems probably isn't worth knowing. Looks like I will try and love the standard exhaust for a while longer. :rolleyes:

Hi RazMan...had the same Problem on my 221 R...like the orig. Exhaust but still to quiet for this amazing bike!! let's check Sound-Control-Systems in Germany....T300 Triumph Rocket....Soundfile on YouTube... allready did this modification - not so expensive, very easy Sound adjustment, not tooooo loud (important in Austria!)...love the New "triple-roooooaaaar" of my "Diabla"!

Hi RazMan...had the same Problem on my 221 R...like the orig. Exhaust but still to quiet for this amazing bike!! let's check Sound-Control-Systems in Germany....T300 Triumph Rocket....Soundfile on YouTube... allready did this modification - not so expensive, very easy Sound adjustment, not tooooo loud (important in Austria!)...love the New "triple-roooooaaaar" of my "Diabla"!
I am not sure what you are saying here - have you done a mod which works well? Can you post a link to the sound file or any details? :)

I'm extremely happy with my Werkes exhaust. It gives the rocket the mean sound it deserves. If you think it's too loud, you can tone it down with some dB killer inserts
The Werkes system does indeed have a nice roar but is a bit too 'conventional' in appearance if you see what I mean. The original design just looks 'right' on this bike and I don't want to change the overall look if possible. The only systems that even come close are Zard and Vandemon. The Zard is a non-starter for me because it will burn my panniers - shame really as that curved design is wonderful. The Vandemon is much more like it and has a funky electronic control for sound level ...... but the price is sooooo outside my budget :oops::eek:

I am not sure what you are saying here - have you done a mod which works well? Can you post a link to the sound file or any details? :)
has been posted before
"let's check Sound-Control-Systems in Germany....T300 Triumph Rocket....Soundfile on YouTube."

has been posted before
"let's check Sound-Control-Systems in Germany....T300 Triumph Rocket....Soundfile on YouTube."
Ahhh I get it now! That looks to be exactly what I am looking for - a standard(ish) look with an awesome (and adjustable) sound. Also relatively affordable at 980 Euros
I just love this quote from the website (something gets lost in translation methinks)
After the conversion, it sounds similar to the original sound, BUT much more intense, oppressive, louder, duller and more evil. You have to turn around and see what's coming. You don't know if a bike or a pimped car is approaching. It is very special with awesome farewell noises...
When the biker rode a test lap, he came back grinning from ear to ear and said horny and much more pulling out from below.

:roll:

Last edited:
Back