Anyone have feedback on R3T Flyscreen?

ssbotelho

.020 Over
Is this actually functional? I just switched from a 3/4 helmet
to a 1/2, because I felt like I was overheating on decent ride (almost nauseating). The new helmet makes a huge difference! I did on the same day remove the stock screen and then went for a ride, much improved again. Wondering if the Triumph flyscreen is more than just looks? Will it take the edge off, and redirect the airflow?

I have the flyscreen on my RIII, and it is amazing the difference it makes, though I wouldn't wear an open face with it... But saying that since my recent off I never plan to wear anything else other than a full face 8)

I am not certain, but I may be getting the feeling of overheating as a result of buffeting. I have been searching the posts on this, and I have seen headaches posted as a result...I have experienced a sort of motion sickness after a long ride. It is wierd. Thanks for the input. I can't even consider a full face until I figure out what is going on?

Your over heating with a stock R3T screen and a half helmet? In New England?

Sorry, but I find it highly unlikely.
Here's why. I have ridden for years in northeast and now on my 2nd year riding the south.

I am 6'1" have the standard screen on my R3T, with either a 1/2 our fullface on. Today it was 100 without humidity. We did about 180 miles, with the 1/2 never once felt overheated. Made four stops. first for gas - gatorade and water- drank both while riding to lunch stop. lunch with 2 large iced teas - then gas stop again gatorade and water. last stop 2 beers and water for ride home.
I would have taken the screen off but in this heat that is too much exposed body even with mesh jacket to be hit with air. I would've needed to drink twice as much. Also made pee breaks at lunch and with beers. If your not peeing when you stop your not drinking enough and plain water won't do.
So getting more air on you will actually worsten your condition.

Now for the part your missing what r you wearing clothes etc? what are you drinking and how often. We never go more than 2 hours in the morning hours with mandetory drink stops and no more than 75 mins in midday/afternoon heat without stops.

Tim you obviously have no input on the flyscreen, which is the main question.
I am 5' 10", and probably am getting different airflow off the screen than you are at 6' 1". I changed from a 3/4 to a 1/2 helmet, and things are better. Riding w/o the screen is great, but I was hoping that the flyscreen would get the air off of the arms. I see that the sport screens on the RIII do this, but they also look a little taller than the Boulevard screen.
At 180.00 I figured I would ask the people in the know, right here before buying.

I think what you're referring to is called the 'Boulevard Peak'. Its considerably smaller than the flyscreen on the Standard model. Try asking the question on the other site, there's a guy there that has one. From what I hear though, they offer virtually no protection from the wind, they seem to be purely cosmetic.

They are purely comestic on the R3T I looked at them also.

I was merely trying to figure out your overheating, naseau statement and was a little drunk on tequila so I was kinda mean.... sorry for that....

But can you explain more about how your set up when yourgetting overheated?

Thank you all for the feedback. Waste of dough I take it...
Tim could be jeans/t-shirt or shorts/t-shirt. Feels like the air just doesn't circulate enough for my liking. The lowers are built into the stock screen, so there is no option there... I have seen a screen with a cut-out at about bar height, may be an option. Think it may have been posted on here somewhere...(Does look like ass though in my opinion).
Thanks again!

the lowers come off just unscrew them. the one with a slot is the clearview i believe. don't like myself.

in texas heat i wear jeans regular or draggin, and underarmor shirt longsleeve usually, or short and the a mesh vanson jacket. with half helmet...... or fullface shoei

one thing if your getting motion sickness might wanna hold off on riding maybe its not the bike??

Back