'69 Bonnie Chopper

HellFire

Legend
Saw this ebay listing and since it's in my area took a look ... WOW what a sweet bike. Since the controls are a little backward, might take some getting used too. But **** it makes me wish I had an extra $10k just lying around collecting dust. I'd axe the white wall rear tire, but someone did a very sweet job of building a very unique and classic ride.
How about one of you rich uncles out there buy it and let me hold on to it for you. LOL

Triumph : Bonneville: eBay Motors (item 290483302787 end time Oct-10-10 09:40:49 PDT)

John Williams of RT6 Cycles in Virginia built this one:

The top rail is the integral fuel tank. John also does mono-shock conversions, and custom casts control levers (with skulls) in aluminum. He recently finished the cut down race tank for my LSR R3. Very talented guy.

Walt,

Nice custom.

Not trying to totally highjack this thread, however:

In previous posts you talked about someone in the area that had a dyno that you were using. Is the operator familiar with the R3 enough to do some other tuning? I have TuneECU which works in the similar manner as TuneBoy.

Walt,

Nice custom.

Not trying to totally highjack this thread, however:

In previous posts you talked about someone in the area that had a dyno that you were using. Is the operator familiar with the R3 enough to do some other tuning? I have TuneECU which works in the similar manner as TuneBoy.

Hey TDragger, how you been?

My DynoJet 250i dyno is installed in Jerry Payne's shop, Cycle Solutions in Gordonsville. Jerry is an "authorized" DynoJet Tuning Center, and tunes with PC3. He does NOT use TuneBoy or TuneECU. He is intimately familiar with the R3, having dropped an engine and replaced the crankshaft twice in the past year. He tuned NELSONTO's "standard" supercharged R3 using a PC3 with excellent results:

Nelsonto's SC R3 is the strongest "standard" SC R3 I've ridden. I'm sure Jerry would give you a good package price on a new PC3 and dyno tuning... that's what DynoJet Tuning Centers do. I also have my used R3 PC3 for sale at an even better price! Call him direct: 540-832-0840, or ride down to Gordonsville to see him, usually Tue - Fri.

The Bar-B-Q place next door is excellent. ;)

sorry guys i still prefer my standard 68 t120 (u.k spec)

...and your bike is worth appreciably more than a 'chopped' version. I would be surprised if the first bike brought 10K at auction. Choppers of Brit origin aren't worth what a pristine stock bike is worth of the same year.

I've hauled a number for Randy and he usually strips them and starts over, building a stock bike.

Triumph twins don't lend themselves to the chopped look. Most turn into uncomfortable, ill handling creations that are relegated to a dusty corner and eventually wind up on Flea-Bay.

My favorite descriptor of a chopped Trumpet was from Baxter's on one they had for sale a few years ago.

"It looks and runs great, handles like a shopping cart."

Hey, at least they were honest. lol

Back