20K Mile Service - HOW MUCH $$$$

McRocket

.040 Over
How much should I expect to pay for a full 20K mile service including tune up, new coolant, upper radiator hose, & rear brakes. I also am having the dealer tighten up the front end to eliminate the front end shake that in common with the R3T.

Any guesses? :cool:

How much should I expect to pay for a full 20K mile service including tune up, new coolant, upper radiator hose, & rear brakes. I also am having the dealer tighten up the front end to eliminate the front end shake that in common with the R3T.

Any guesses? :cool:

I paid less than $200 but I supplied my own oil. Also had already changed out my own coolant so I didn't need that or the radiator hose. My rear brakes were fine. Also have no problem with a front end shake. My front end is dead stable to 130+.

rear brake pads r$ 40 - 50 the oil is about $115 labor is about$ 80-95 a hour i did my own 20000 mile bout where i live u can expect to pay bout $400-500 for the service

Yeah, the 10k was the pricey service with the valve adjustment as part of it.
The 20k is essentially an oil and filter change with whatever the bike needs in addition.
If you feel comfortable changing your own oil in a dry sump bike, then you will have no problem replacing brake pads and looking over the rest of the bike for needed attention.

At the dealer the big cost is of course labor, Triumph parts and the synthetic oil.
After my dealings with incompetence from my selling dealer, I've purchased enough gaskets and washers to do 4 oil services and will be doing those myself from now on.
The oil and filters are available aftermarket (ie. Mobil 1 and Fram) for less $.

Anything that requires a dealer from now on will have to be a little more travel to Triumph in Philly ... I won't be going back to the dealer in Dover.

All the dealers are different and perform different parts of Triumph recommended services. (learned that the hard way) It's best you call and confirm what they do and what they charge for those services prior to just dropping it off for a 20K.

And make sure they replace the gaskets when they remove a part for service!!!!!! ;)

Just had it done at my dealer 2 weeks ago. Everything, w/o oil change (did myself), was $210.00.

Back