Want to Buy 2004 R3 Classic parts

Jack

.020 Over
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
I would like to buy some parts for my 2003 Rocket 3 Classic.
A tachometer.
A brake pedal
The rail to which the brake pedal and master cylinder bolts to.

I would like to buy some parts for my 2003 Rocket 3 Classic.
A tachometer. T2501234
A brake pedal T2023400
The rail to which the brake pedal and master cylinder bolts to. T2081350
She ain't stock that is for sure and the 'Classic' designation usually suggests you have footboards not pegs fitted which both have different foot mount rails and rear brake lines/hoses (hard metal and rubber) in different lengths with different brake levers (Part #15 T2023400 in image below for your Standard and T2023452 for the Classic footboard version) and mounting hardware as well. The 'Classic' package was not released until 2006 but some of the accessories including the footboards/ full screens etc were available earlier.
Yours is actually a 2004 first series Standard Rocket with your modifications BUT it still has foot pegs and the rear brake hardware and foot rails etc that go with them.
If your tachometer is original it will have the two tone or it may have a set of later instruments with the single colour face. I have a few sets of gauges in my storage.
1707097230728.png

The 2005 early model wiring loom has a few different connector plug types compared to the later 2007/8 -2009/2010 version I believe, not sure of the Tacho/Speedometer/odometer plug.
The non ABS Rocket IIIs from 2004 to 2009/10 have a similar loom allowing use of aftermarket KOSO or Dakota type instruments.
There were two instrument dial designs used the first like yours until 2006 then the next style.

Photos from Google - not mine.
I have the instruments in my storage shed.
1704521771512.png

1704521922380.png

I have a spare used set for the old NON ABS 2nd dial 2007-2009/10 plug version and a spare New Old Stock set of the ABS Roadster version for 2010 up to 2016 ECUs.
I even have the accessory clock (NOS) chrome pod and working fuel gauge (Used) chrome pod available too!
The later ABS Roadster have 3 different speedo versions that are directly linked to the ECU of the time.

I have a couple of sets of these standard foot rails with or w/o pegs and chrome covers/levers etc in my storage.
I will see if I can break one if you just want the RHS (part number T2081350) .

Fowlers UK parts listings with their prices in Aussie $

1707096188165.png

T2023400 - BRAKE PEDAL ASSY​

• Reference​

• Part Number​

T2023400
  • Description​

BRAKE PEDAL ASSY
  • Notes​

Not Classic
  • Price​

1707096349541.png

3TACHO GAUGE
T2501234
Share this part
NOT IN STOCKAdd to Basketto Order(see FAQ)$743.34inc. VAT(£383.76)-QuantityMinusPlus
3Tachometer
T2501434
Share this part
NOT IN STOCKAdd to Basketto Order(see FAQ)$657.78inc. VAT(£339.59)-QuantityMinus

1707096582124.png

Last edited:
Here is one - NEW old stock apparently in USA. That is about $500 Aussie dollars delivered here to OZ and includes 10% GST.
Not sure what NZ Sales tax is these days and your postal customs duty seems to whack you hard too!
I can probably do a much better price (especially declared to customs ;) :cool::roll::roll:) if I split one of my used sets (as it is usually the speedo that malfunctions), but I am sure I only have the single colour facia version and NOT the dual tone below.

Last edited:
Wow, you have a wealth of knowledge.
2003 was a typo. It is a 2004, the very first model. There is no model mentioned on the registration papers so I assumed it was a Classic as that's what it most resembled.
I bought it as a write off after I'd seen a few modified Rockets and liked the idea of a big lump in a street type of bike. I first had to restore it to it's original condition to get it re registered and then I started on the mods. Radiator, single headlight and cowl, headers, seat & tail tidy, side covers and front mudguard.
The RH side rail you show from the parts manual is the correct rail. It's that one that I need and the brake pedal. I have the cover for the hydraulic reservoir. That was moved forward to keep it away from the collector.
My tachometer has the dual coloured face. It has a broken lens and a slightly damaged bezel. Robinsons here in NZ can restore guages but I have yet to ask. If you want to sell your tachometer please tell me the asking price. That will give me a second option.
Thanks for getting in touch.
Doug.

Wow, you have a wealth of knowledge.
2003 was a typo. It is a 2004, the very first model. There is no model mentioned on the registration papers so I assumed it was a Classic as that's what it most resembled.
I bought it as a write off after I'd seen a few modified Rockets and liked the idea of a big lump in a street type of bike. I first had to restore it to it's original condition to get it re registered and then I started on the mods. Radiator, single headlight and cowl, headers, seat & tail tidy, side covers and front mudguard.
The RH side rail you show from the parts manual is the correct rail. It's that one that I need and the brake pedal. I have the cover for the hydraulic reservoir. That was moved forward to keep it away from the collector.
My tachometer has the dual coloured face. It has a broken lens and a slightly damaged bezel. Robinsons here in NZ can restore guages but I have yet to ask. If you want to sell your tachometer please tell me the asking price. That will give me a second option.
Thanks for getting in touch.
Doug.
I have a better option for you Doug. ;) :roll::cool:
If you tacho still works, I have a couple of spare sets of the chrome pods and a set of drowned instruments that have intact bezels and lens.
They are really filthy as they were left outside in a bucket in WA with a 2008 wreck I bought years ago.

I have a better option for you Doug. ;) :roll::cool:
If you tacho still works, I have a couple of spare sets of the chrome pods and a set of drowned instruments that have intact bezels and lens.
They are really filthy as they were left outside in a bucket in WA with a 2008 wreck I bought years ago.
My tacho is still working and the chrome pod in which it sits is undamaged. A bezel and a lens would do the job.

My tacho is still working and the chrome pod in which it sits is undamaged. A bezel and a lens would do the job.

Heading out to storage today Douglas, Found the drowned instruments here in my room a few days ago. Is this the glass and chrome bezel you were looking for?
The pods are at the storage and I have one rear pod screw here.
Was it you or somebody else looking for the instrument mount and pod screw too?

Drowned instruments 1.jpg
Drowned instruments 2.jpg

Back