1olbull New In The House

Welcome to the site from Irvine Kentucky, I know you're going to enjoy your Rocket but don't know how well Ape hangers will work on top end. I believe you would be like a big sail :eek:

.Are Rivco the best engine guards? They seem to be only 1 inch; so, what are the best highway pegs to mount? Are there any good seats that lower the saddle height? (short legs).
Best Regards,
1olbull

The engine guards are solid. Just be careful which set you get. I cant find comparative pics to explain.
Good luck on apes. You will have to have the cables,wires and lines custom made. Skip would have already had them if they were available.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks all for the responses. Allow me to explain that I am only 5'11" but my torso is very long & inseam only 29" (made for a good linebacker in years past). Also, at 250# I doubt I shall fly away in the wind ;-} My current apes are 16" and the base of the bars rests farther above the seat of my V2K than on the new Roadster. My hands rest slightly lower than my shoulders. I understand the loss of control presented with higher bars and have found that difference to be slight and acceptable on my V2K. That given, the HUGE difference in power with this new Roadster shall certainly affect all this. I must get the bars up and back and do not want interference with tank removal. Something that is 24 to 27 inches above the seat and 4 to 6 inches to the rear of stock would be perfect.

Sorry for the windy post; but, the ergos for my old beat up body are holding back my head's desire to, "Ride, baby, ride!
Best Regards,
1olbull

WELCOME BULL!! :D FROM EASTERN WASHINGTON.. I GREW UP IN TACOMA... I HAD A 30 MINUTE WINDOW BEFORE I HIT AN INCH+ OF RAIN AT EVERETT WHEN I PICKED UP MY ROCKET AT THE SAME DEALER.. ;):eek: THERE IS A GATHERING IN PACKWOOD COMING UP.. :D:cool:

A friendly bunch here . . . very impressive and thanks.
Adjusted the lights & 86'd the pillion. Ordered a set of Progressives, engine guard and pegs. Shall hold on apes; but, I NEED to lift the bars 3" for now. Any recommendations?
Will the stock cables work? Where can I find good stainless plus length R3R cables?
Soon as I get this puppy set up - I'm outta here!
1olbull
PS: oh yeah, I am going to mod my stock peg assembly by cutting the mounts from the 1" tubing, moving forward 5 - 6 inches and re-welding. Never had ABS - will the brakes work to ride to dealer for calibration or whatever they do?

Back