I’ve been using Belray 15/50 EXS full ester synthetic since day one, no problems. And blackstone labs gives me a great report every year!
62B2D396-B765-44DB-88FC-665E7E8A194B.jpeg

Love it! The oil thread!
The cartoon shows two riders stopped in front of a just landed UFO. The UFO gate is opening and a spider-like alien is starting toward them, down the ship ramp.
"What kind of oil do you use in that thing?", one of the riders asks...

Last edited:
It matters
Mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Hey, I don't mean to slight the "Oil Thread', I subscribe to the 'Amsoil' camp myself. But, then again I go to church a couple of times a year...Just in case.

The rational side of my brain knows that the owner's manual has the answer based on science and engineering. But the other side of the same brain seems to know better. even though the claimed benefits of the alternate brand can only be obtained though sampling and lab tests. That's a logical path only if you're managing a fleet. Never heard of a motorcycle engine ruined by using owner's handbook recommendations.

So after reading all this and some other stuff, why wouldn't you want to run something like Castrol 4T V-Twin 20-50. The reasoning being...If you are looking at a minimum viscosity number protection at 210 degrees with the lower number and considering shear down protection for the oil on the upper number after some miles on the oil...why would that not be an acceptable choice? Just curious. I have run nothing but the recommended Castrol 4T 10W-50 in my R3T even though I would like to try some others for maybe better shifting. Seems like maybe a 4T 15w-50 might be better in my old rocket.

Amsoil i think @Jvheli uses it 15W50 I believe
I started using Amsoil Dominator Race oil. 15w50 with very high ZDDP content. Is freaky looking green color. I’ve done some testing....um on another brand and I’m convinced now that 50 weight keeps hot idle pressures higher, better flow rate. Also pretty interesting wear comparisons using ZDDP.

My dealer insisted on 10W40 (Castrol fully synthetic), however I am not happy with the noises from the engine. It sounds clicky / tappety and generally rattley. Gonna print that Triumph notice and wave it at him.
Try Rotella T6 15w40 full synth

I think you may be able to get Penrite oils in the states this year check out there web site . They make high quality oils and one for the new rocket

Back