Well....That one is at least a bit less filthy.

Can't wait to see the 'BIG HORN' install. Will it be filthy as well?

(I'll never post a picture of mine. It never got washed from the trip to ES this summer. I put it in the garage and left it sit until I put it on the trailer 2 nights ago to go to Marne. It is FRIGG'IN FILTHY.) I got bug guts and mud and crap all over it. Looks like a big dirt bike.:eek:

Ain't no point in making it pretty because it's going to get dissected anyway. At least when I get it back, unlike someone unmentionable....a few greasy fingerprints won't upset me.......

Ok here is how the install went for those who may or might consider this horn. It is the rivco multi fit air horn. I removed the seat, headlight, and left side cover. I installed the compressor under the right side cover, after disconnecting the original horn I ran the stock wires to the headlight and installed the relay for the new horn, I removed the bolts for the left side neck cover and ran two wires through the cover, inside the bear claw and to the battery and side cover then reconected the headlight once all wires were connected to the relay. I ran the compressor hose behind the bear claw to the compressor and horn. I mounted the horn on the left side engine guard since I am short I was able to mount it directly in front of the peg. connect the power and ground and its done. took about an hour in the dark to install

Not only does the bikes size intimidate but now your going to make everybodys hair stand on end !!!:D

Looks good just make sure you dont drop it on that side when you blow that bugle!!!!!!

mutt

Rivco horn

It appears as though I have a California Edition with the extra canister under the left side cover. Anyone have a suggestion where else I can mount the horn? I already have a Wolo horn.

the only other place I can think of would be up under the neck there is a decent amount of room you would just have to work with it a bit to get the compressor to fit

mounted mine where the old horn was and ran the intake hose back under the tank, to keep water and bugs out. Look in my pictures for how and what it looks like. Good luck, xhdskip.

(I'll never post a picture of mine. It never got washed from the trip to ES this summer. I put it in the garage and left it sit until I put it on the trailer 2 nights ago to go to Marne. It is FRIGG'IN FILTHY.) I got bug guts and mud and crap all over it. Looks like a big dirt bike.:eek:

Ain't no point in making it pretty because it's going to get dissected anyway. At least when I get it back, unlike someone unmentionable....a few greasy fingerprints won't upset me.......[/quote]

Flip,

Here's hoping the weather co-operates when you are getting your R3 from Michigan to Iowa and you get to do it swiftly and safely.

Try and keep us informed in what Baxters had to do to get your R3 back into fine fettle.

Good luck

Tony

Back