It appears as though I have a California Edition with the extra canister under the left side cover. Anyone have a suggestion where else I can mount the horn? I already have a Wolo horn.
I also have a 50 state edition with a canister. I removed the canister and parked it on a shelf. There are a couple hoses running to the canister I just plugged them with comprable size bolt (be careful not to plug the gas tank vent) I put a small filter on the vent to keep dust/debris out. One electrical connection I asume was a idiot light or sensor. If you have a copy of the manual it makes it easier..

Mine has worked just fine without the charcoal.

I took the rivco airhorm from my VTX1300 and boleted it onto the radiator. The compressor easily fits in the left side cover.

Looks and works great

See below

Attachments

• Rocket III on the Move 2.jpg
    Rocket III on the Move 2.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 455
air horns

I got one from Howards Horns. Definately needs to mount on engine guard as its a big mother. Alas my engine guard is on the big boat coming from the UK along with all those other accessories we are waiting for.:(

Wolo air horn

I took the lazy mans way out. removed the plastic star cover and factory horn and mounted my Wolo air horn right on the same bolt hole as was the factory. took more time to go to autozone and get the relay and wire than to make the swap.

Jeff

Attachments

• horn1.JPG
    horn1.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 254
  • horn2.JPG
    horn2.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 202
There are a couple of Captains that have separated the horn and compressor on the Stebel and mounted the horn in the stock position and the compressor back somewhere else. Connect them via some hose. Should work just fine.

There are a couple of Captains that have separated the horn and compressor on the Stebel and mounted the horn in the stock position and the compressor back somewhere else. Connect them via some hose. Should work just fine.
I also have the canister under the left panel. I separated the stebel and mounted the compressor behind the bezel where the original horn was located. I mounted the horn on the frame by my left leg. Works great.
Mark

Back