New Roadster ONLY Jardine System

I do like the look and they suit the Roadster with the twin cans. I also like the asymmetry of the STD Rocket with the three cans and would like JAR headers to fit my three TOR's to maintain that look and increase the power.

Anyone know how that Jardine header works? Is it still going 3 into 1, then splitting out to two? Seems you're only getting looks if that's the case, unless the 'single line" portion of the Jardine is wider and thus has better flow that the 'single line' portion of the stock header?

And any opinions on Jardine vs Staintune vs TOR? (excluding headers)

The benefit to the Jardines are the headers ... They still go into a single collector yes, but that's a good thing for "drawing" out the gasses. Headers are designed to allow a smooth/undisturbed flow of exhaust gasses, AND the collector they converge into, uses the gas being forced down one pipe to actually "pull" it from the others between cylinder firings.
The manifold design the bikes come with just works like a water pipe, it's only purpose is to direct/contain the flow rather than help to draw it out.

Is that any help answering your question, or just confusing?

I think the ideal set-up would be TOR's cans mated to Jardine headers, not too loud, not too quiet. I'll bet that would sound good too. :cool:

The benefit to the Jardines are the headers ... They still go into a single collector yes, but that's a good thing for "drawing" out the gasses. Headers are designed to allow a smooth/undisturbed flow of exhaust gasses, AND the collector they converge into, uses the gas being forced down one pipe to actually "pull" it from the others between cylinder firings.
The manifold design the bikes come with just works like a water pipe, it's only purpose is to direct/contain the flow rather than help to draw it out.

Is that any help answering your question, or just confusing?

I think the ideal set-up would be TOR's cans mated to Jardine headers, not too loud, not too quiet. I'll bet that would sound good too. :cool:

That does make sense and is what I was hoping the Jardines were optimized for .. exhaust flow. With lots of $$ at stake, I didn't want to assume. :)
That essentially makes a good solution to be the Jardine headers & then the rest of the pipes based on probably preference more than anything else. I would agree on the not too loud/too quiet point. I don't want a whisper, but I don't want to shatter neighbor's windows at 1am either.

I guess now we just need to find out, as someone already asked, if the Roadster TORs (Triumph site does show accessory silencers, part A9608077, so presumably they do exist) will fit the newly revealed Roadster Jardine heads. Yeah baby.

There is a lot more than just flow concerns in header design. The diameters and lengths of primary and collector tubes play a big part in resonance tuning at specific engine speeds.

I believe that thing to be Highway pegs. After searching, I don't think they are Jardine. I found this on ebay, and it's the closest match, but I can't find it anywhere but here. They are made for the Goldwing, but work with the Rocket. Maybe a small company makes them and they sell through ebay only. Either way, I have solved the mystery of what they are and where where to get them.

Here is the link to the ebay item that is still active until late september sometime.
Link Removed

Now back to the question of what do people think about the exhaust.

I believe (I could be wrong) that he's referring to the window behind and above the footpeg not the highway peg is Kuryakyn and bracket is Rivco dtandard GL1800 (by the way). The window is the rear master cylinder fluid bottle.

Just got off the Phone with Chad again. He's very helpful and seems to be tracking everything very well. When I call them, it feels like I'm talking to someone that not only has seen the product, but touched, smelled, and tested the product. I wanted to add tasted the product, but I assume that would not be very wise since they ARE exhaust pipes.

Here's the update, the pricing is to be finalized today. They wanted to make sure the pricing was right since it's a brand new system, not just reworked from the last one even though they look very similar. Chad said that he has the new web site ready to launch and is just waiting on the final price to pull the trigger.

I hope I'm able to get a set. I have faith that even the first run will be flawless, since they have been making systems like this for years. Can't wait to see the fit and finish! Man, I need a new hobby. I'm getting way too excited over shiny metal...

How many people think they are getting these? Who's going to be the first cool kid on your block... or city... or country/ Island?

Oh, and I don't work for Jardine Products. Just really bored and easily excitable.

*Edited to mention I'm not a Jardine employee*

Not on their website yet .... attempting .. to .. have .. patience ...... and failing :)

Back