New Roadster ONLY Jardine System

I like it. Would love to hear them. I wonder if they have any plans to produce a set for the R3T.

They already do! They have them on their site. No picture of them on the site for some odd reason. But they are $1147.

http://www.jardineproducts.com/products/productID/1168

Can't find a picture of them anywhere on the internet. Not sure why. You should call them and get some pictures on here. If I end up giving in and calling again soon, I'll try to remember to ask for pictures of part number 14-7902-01s. I assume they use the same header as the R3, but the rest must be new.

I was told that the info would be on the site at the latests of yesterday. I really want to see it on the site. The last time I spoke with them, I asked if there will be a black powder/jet hot coated system for the Roadster. I said they would sell a lot of them since the Roadster only comes in black and the theme is blacked out. They told me they would look into it, but they don't do the coating in house so they would have to research it. I hope that's not why they delayed posting. But if that IS the reason, I'd except it much better as I'm adding it to my "cart" and checking out.

Well, it took a bit longer than expected, but looks like the Jardine system for the 2010 Rocket III Roadster is not live on their site!

Link Removed

The official price is $1,349.00. No new word on ship dates, but if we go by what was said a couple weeks ago, we should see them shipping within 4 weeks or so.

A new picture was also added:

Now what is everyone's opinions on powder coating these things black? Would that look odd without blacking out everything else at the same time?

And Byron, I hope you're the first to get these on your bike and post more pictures, video, and dyno charts! You did discover these first!

Looks like the only major company who makes an R3 system that needs to catch up and make pipes for the Roadster is D&D. There are currently 3 brands of slip-on cans, one mid pipe (cat delete), and one full system.

Well, it took a bit longer than expected, but looks like the Jardine system for the 2010 Rocket III Roadster is not live on their site!

Link Removed

The official price is $1,349.00. No new word on ship dates, but if we go by what was said a couple weeks ago, we should see them shipping within 4 weeks or so.

A new picture was also added:

Now what is everyone's opinions on powder coating these things black? Would that look odd without blacking out everything else at the same time?

And Byron, I hope you're the first to get these on your bike and post more pictures, video, and dyno charts! You did discover these first!

Looks like the only major company who makes an R3 system that needs to catch up and make pipes for the Roadster is D&D. There are currently 3 brands of slip-on cans, one mid pipe (cat delete), and one full system.

Here is the hard question, for me anyway: I like these pipes, but they're almost $900 more than doing the TORS. Is that Jardine header worth $900? Ouch ... I almost had myself talked into these for maybe a grand, but 1.3? :(

Major discount for us all doing a mass order? :cool:

Here is the hard question, for me anyway: I like these pipes, but they're almost $900 more than doing the TORS. Is that Jardine header worth $900? Ouch ... I almost had myself talked into these for maybe a grand, but 1.3? :(

Major discount for us all doing a mass order? :cool:

It's not $850 for just a header, it's a FULL system. It gets rid of the cats in the cans, replaces the header with a high flow one, AND replaces the cat under the bike with straight pipe. I don't like the price either. If you price out everything, it's actually a reasonable price.

-Jardine Full Roadster System= $1,349 (most complete/ best performance. Unverified)
-Triumph Off Road cans= $499.99 (Great fit and finish for good price.)
-Staintune cat eliminating collector= $449.00 (Necessary to get rid of all cats.)
-Jardine header= $? (never priced it out individually, but I assume it's possible.)
-Roadster Performance Exhaust= $1,099 ( Cans from newR3.com. Looks like crap, made by people who make the shorties)
-Staintune cans and cat eliminating collector system = $1,099.00 (Looks good and most likely different sounding than TORS. Unverified.)

If you add it all up, the header would have to be $400.00 or less to make it a better decision to NOT go with the Jardine system. Or $200.00 if you wanted the Staintune set. I guess if you only wanted the TOR cans, it would be best to go that route, but you will still have a lot of restriction from the collector cat and the header. I think the system should be a couple hundred less, but I understand their pricing. And they are brand new. You can get the old Jars for $999 on Ebay, but those have been around for years. Maybe you can check with companies that sell the old system and maybe they can get a discount. There are a few places that sell the old system for a hundred or so less than from Jardine Products themselves. They must get them wholesale and keep low overhead to be competitive. I assume anyone that would modify their bike would eventually upgrade the bike with a full exhaust system, so I see this as saving time and possible money. And I think this kit looks better than all but the Preds, which are still more expensive.

Not trying to convince anyone to buy these, just giving as much info as possible. That's what this site is for. I've got info, and I assume there are people that want to know as bad as I do, but not the time and determination to collect it all.

Hope this helps. That's about all the info I've got for now. I don't think there is another thread in any Rocket forum with more info about exhaust for the new Roadster.

**Again, I do NOT work for Jardine Products. And I'm sure that if I was, I would get in trouble for saying that.**

How difficult does it tend to be to put on a new full exhaust system? I've never done that. May I assume no special tools or welding, etc is needed?
And how about tuning? Say no one in the forums happens to have an R3R with the same setup as you .. anyone have experience on what type of shop you can go to to get her tuned and common pricing?

How difficult does it tend to be to put on a new full exhaust system? I've never done that. May I assume no special tools or welding, etc is needed?
And how about tuning? Say no one in the forums happens to have an R3R with the same setup as you .. anyone have experience on what type of shop you can go to to get her tuned and common pricing?

About the tools. The Jardine website has installation instructions posted for the pre-2010 Roadster system. You can check the diagrams and detailed how-to there. It's basic tools and no welding. They suggest a high temp silicone, but that's just to ensure the best seal. Some people have decided to weld a couple sections, but don't think it will be necessary for most applications.

As for the tune, Jardine says you will need to tune with the DynoJet PCIII, but a Tune Boy will work as well if not better. I'd assume use a tune for your setup as if you did not have a Roadster and work from there. But this is all speculation at this point. Though, I'd say it's pretty logical reasoning. More shops will use the PCIII than the Tune Boy. I think I'll just stick to my PCIII and seat of the pants tuning for a bit and get it tweaked once I can't make any more improvements myself. But I'm not even collocated with my bike at the moment, but will be by the time I get the exhaust.

I installed a set on my R3T. No special tools needed. Just a bit of patience. The way the header fits together is a bit odd, but it seems to work. Just mount everything loosely and tighten once you've got it all together.

Vinkster - regarding your comment on the PCIII. Do shops have a different PCIII than the one you buy to put on the bike? (n00b here!) I ask that, because the PCIII for putting on the bike doesn't support the R3R, only the still forthcoming PCV.

Still ..... $1300 ?!?! Is that white gold or chrome? :eek:
they are beautiful ... and would fit all models ... think they might consider making an offer?
I'd go as high as $950. lol

Back