New Roadster ONLY Jardine System

Vinkster - regarding your comment on the PCIII. Do shops have a different PCIII than the one you buy to put on the bike? (n00b here!) I ask that, because the PCIII for putting on the bike doesn't support the R3R, only the still forthcoming PCV.

Everyone purchases the same Power Commander products.

Dynojet/Power Commander is not going to list any bike 2009 or newer as working with the PC3. They will only list 2009 and later models as working with the PCV - which is not available for the R3. They do not plan to ever list older models as working with the PCV or newer models working with the PC3.

There is no reason for the PC3 not to work with the Roadster. There will be no maps available for it from Dynojet, but it should work fine if you start mapping from a zero map.

I hope this helps.

Everyone purchases the same Power Commander products.

Dynojet/Power Commander is not going to list any bike 2009 or newer as working with the PC3. They will only list 2009 and later models as working with the PCV - which is not available for the R3. They do not plan to ever list older models as working with the PCV or newer models working with the PC3.

There is no reason for the PC3 not to work with the Roadster. There will be no maps available for it from Dynojet, but it should work fine if you start mapping from a zero map.

I hope this helps.

It would be great if this is correct, however this is the answer that Dynojet gave me, does not seem positive. can't tell anything myself about the twice pulsing and such of course...
Hi Chris,
can you confirm or deny that a PC3 will work on the Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster -2010 as well as earlier models?
the reason I ask is that since I need to retune my Roadster very soon and still do not have access to the PC5, I have to look for a different solution.

thank you in advance,
//Leif

The PC3 usb would have the same problem that the PCV is having on this bike. The RPM will need double at lower RPMs because the fuel injector is pulsing twice per cam revolution. This makes our mapping inaccurate and causes tuning issues. This is why we can not yet list a Power Commander unit for this model bike.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993

Well we first need to dispel the advertising myth that the roaster is a new and different bike. It's an R3.2 and despite the cosmetic and software changes, it's still the same bike. I'm sure that Trip is referring to the lack of tunes issue because of the unique exhaust configuration and base tune. I can see why new roadster owners see the bike as a different animal, but it's not. The only reason aftermarket exhaust is difficult to find is because the ABS box location was a bit of a surprise and caught everyone sleeping. Utilize the tips and mods from the site's history and adapt them to the unique little differences.

Well we first need to dispel the advertising myth that the roaster is a new and different bike. It's an R3.2 and despite the cosmetic and software changes, it's still the same bike. I'm sure that Trip is referring to the lack of tunes issue because of the unique exhaust configuration and base tune. I can see why new roadster owners see the bike as a different animal, but it's not. The only reason aftermarket exhaust is difficult to find is because the ABS box location was a bit of a surprise and caught everyone sleeping. Utilize the tips and mods from the site's history and adapt them to the unique little differences.

I think the main concern, and I'm not excluded, is that we are assuming that we are able to take a PCIII tune made for a 2009 and older R3 with a similar set up, and load it into the R3R. I understand that the PCIII SHOULD have no problem modifying the stock tune, and even dyno the bike with PCIII. I just think it would be easier faster, and more cost effective to take a known good tune, load it and ride. But now what I think I'm hearing is that is that a 2009 tune would not work on a 2010 at all. I understand the tune is slightly different, but I thought the ECU was the same as last year. Am I wrong? If it's the same, then we should be able to load a R3 tune and continue tweaking from there. Maybe figure out the difference in values between a stock R3 and stock R3R, and adjust the final modified tune with the same differences. Does that make sense? I guess I should just try it. Just don't want to have a catastrophic misfire or something.

I'll have a set in a week. I'll post up after I put her on the dyno. Just curious if anybody has any guesses as to how much of an increase I'll see due to the header. I currently have the TOR's and st crossover, which I'll be gtting rid of soon. I'm showing 143RWHP and 149 torque. Hoping to see a good improvement. I''m using tthe taller pods with no bearclaw and Tuneboy. Wanting to see 150 HP and 155 torqufe. Is that possible? The stock header is as rediculous as the stock smaller diameter crossover. I can't believe they dwould put that on the bike.
Later and have a great day.

I'll have a set in a week. I'll post up after I put her on the dyno. Just curious if anybody has any guesses as to how much of an increase I'll see due to the header. I currently have the TOR's and st crossover, which I'll be gtting rid of soon. I'm showing 143RWHP and 149 torque. Hoping to see a good improvement. I''m using tthe taller pods with no bearclaw and Tuneboy. Wanting to see 150 HP and 155 torqufe. Is that possible? The stock header is as rediculous as the stock smaller diameter crossover. I can't believe they dwould put that on the bike.
Later and have a great day.
I know that someone will say that dyno numbers are meaningless ... but what you're after is very attainable ... I did it with just your basic PCIII, triples, no secondaries, Tor's and a tech that knows what he's doing. Since I didn't go with tuneboy or the other ECM options, the extra power is scary noticeable with the GiPro in 1st gear. Having that much torque at 2500 rpm in first gear will get your attention real quick. Be careful with it.

hey frank,
can you elaborate on the stock headers shortcomings?
The stock headers are a joke. If you look at them. there is a 90 degree hard bend at the engine down to another 90 degree entry into the runner. Absolutely not designed to flow. You put a larger diameter with smoothe radii bends and it will definately flow better. I think there will be more gain with the header than the highly restrictive crossover. The dyno runs I do in about a week will tell.

Any Update on the Dyno ?

The stock headers are a joke. If you look at them. there is a 90 degree hard bend at the engine down to another 90 degree entry into the runner. Absolutely not designed to flow. You put a larger diameter with smoothe radii bends and it will definately flow better. I think there will be more gain with the header than the highly restrictive crossover. The dyno runs I do in about a week will tell.

Any update on the Dyno Run ?

My roadster with the jardines has 156.2 RWHP and 161 torque. Bruce did a hell of a job on tuning. We've had 3 different sessions to get it where it is. I just installed the PCV with autotune. Since you can only tune at WOT accurately on a non eddy current dyno, you're guessing at the other throttle positions. We used an AFR gage and it looked good. I've installed my PCV with a 0% tune to not change my fuel map. I then installed the Autotune and loaded my desired A/F ratio. 13.5 early to 2500RPM to 30% throttle. Then 13.1 for every other position. After running for a couple of 100 miles, I'm amazed at how close Bruce was able to get it.
At 40%tp, there are 3 changes of -3,-2, and -5form 2500 to 3000Nothing else till a -1 at 3250rpm at 60% throttle.There are a few higher numbers from 5 to 15% throttle at low rpms where we richened to stop decel popping.
The bike still screams. I'm going to send these changes to the PCV and remove the autotune and reinstall the AF gage and look at it again. Again, one hell of a good tune Bruce. You da man.
Bruce has tuned my bike and set through about a dozen dyno sessions doing his thing to get it where it is., He worked with each mod and spent a lot of time and money. HP isn't free. People think they can buy a 12 dollar cable and plug an play. I've had to bang my rev limiter for hours on end with him to get these results. All bikes are different. Our big concern with other bikes is in my ignition timing. What is good for me might not be exact for another bike. Without Bruce on the dyno, I'ld hate to load my map into someone elses bike and just so go.
I wonder if everyone realizes how much time it takes to take a good AF tune, start moving the timing, which moves the A/F ratio, check the results, if not good reload the previous tune and try again, over and over and over till it gets where you want it.
Sorry, got off of track.
The PCV for the newer rockerts is a must have. To start, any dyno shop can work with the PC's and it's great for refining the low end.
There is more to a good tune than just the A/F ratio.
A good example is SG's r3 tourer. Bruce got 140 RWHP and 155 torque. It started with removing restrictions ad working on the ignition timeing, followed by the A/F.
HP isn't cheap.

Back