Info needed on TOR exhaust???

Ya, well taste is a subjective thing but I like the big cannons on my Roadster as well. Phallic symbol maybe, but so be it. I have just made (or am making) a set of hardbags for it so whatever I swap will need to look like the original Roadster exhaust. Wonder if the TOR's are the same dimensions? Has anyone taken the stock ones and de-baffled them? I did this on my Speedmaster and was pretty happy with the results.

There was a post of TOR's/stock exhaust cut in half here awhile back .... there is nothing to remove as far as baffles .... they are chambers and sealed. Drilling the plates at the rear do nothing either unless you have foot long drill bits. Last time I checked, a one inch drill bit that long cost as much as TOR's. lol

awesome feedback guys. Thanks for letting me know. Let me get this right, ith the cat still on the bike, will it still sound good? I do intend to bypass the cat, K&N filters etc. But financially, for now I just want to get the TOR's on there.
Unless you do the cat bypass upgrade u wont notice much difference in sound a little but not much
thats how i did mine also i got the Tors and then was a little disappointed with the sound then i got the cat bypass from the dealer and it made a huge difference
I recommend getting the Tors mate just dont be expecting a big difference in sound until you do the cat bypass ;)
regards Mitch

Tors

I have a set of Tors in the box ive been hording one is scratched but the other two are brand new .
i dropped my bike on the side with the single silencer and when i had the bike fixed through insurance they replaced the scratched one and gave me the other two that came with it still in the box plus the scratched one

havent decided if i want to sell them yet though
this thread just reminded me i had them .
Hord or sell hmmmm

If just adding TORs doesn't change the sound much, it comes down to how good is the deal. If it's a great deal buy them and even if you have to pay retail for the cat bypass it will cost less that new Jardines.

You might find some Jardines at a really good price. I like the sound of the Jars better and just 2 mufflers doesn't bother me. I have seen some with some rust on them but that could depend on how well the bike is taken care of. I believe the Jars are the higher performance option.

Maybe someone that has had Jars for a couple years will chime in as to the quality.

I FITTED TORS ON MY TOURER AND YOU CAN LOOK STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM , NO BAFFLES AS SUCH AND I THOUGHT THE CAT WAS IN THE STANDARD PIPES. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE BOX /PLUMBING THAT THE SILENCERS CONNECT TO IS AND ITS FUNCTION. ???:confused:

There is a round catalytic converter that is part of the input from the manifold, it empties into the square box and then flows into the three outlet pipes that connect to the mufflers.

It doesn't flow as well as the bypass assembly because the pipes are not connected to each other inside the box. The exhaust has to bounce around before finding a way out. It's not the catalytic converter causing the problem, it's the jump the air has to make to the outlet pipes.

As far as sound goes, the exhaust "tips" on the TOR's makes a difference too. I replaced my stock slashcut tips with the tapered tips and to me, it sounds even better.

Back