Info needed on TOR exhaust???

I FITTED TORS ON MY TOURER AND YOU CAN LOOK STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM , NO BAFFLES AS SUCH AND I THOUGHT THE CAT WAS IN THE STANDARD PIPES. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE BOX /PLUMBING THAT THE SILENCERS CONNECT TO IS AND ITS FUNCTION. ???:confused:

The box should be where the 1 into 2 happen (the 3 into 1 are form the header into the 1 before the 2) and the catayltic converter is in the mufflers on the touring model. SO when replacing with TORS you are eliminating the converters. This is why they say for off road use only (Triumph Off Road). How do they sound? I might want to go ths route as well.....time for a change!:D

mutt

I have bought the TORs exhaust but unfortunately they are on back order. In the meantime I'm looking for the cat eliminator, crossover, or whatever its called. Here is a pic of what I need that Fat Frank took. I have a 2010 Roadster. I have Googled everywhere and sent a email to Staintune but they have not got back to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 104_6629.jpg
    104_6629.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 214
UPDATE: Staitune just got back with me.

"Marland,
That is part number TR CO ROC R collector. You can get local US pricing from
our importer CAL MOTO in Mountain View CA 94043"

Regards,
Colin
Sales Department
Staintune Australia
PH 02 4871 3188

Anyone shop at CAL MOTO before. I still couldn't find on their website. I guess I will have to call.

I talked to Dan at Cal Moto and he said that removing the stock cossover/cat and replacing it with the straight type pipe that I would lose low end torque. I would gain however on the high end but lose a bunch on the low end. I asked him "Even after I upload the proper tune?" and he said "Yes I still would lose the low end torque". He also said that guys that have removed it for the latter reinstalled the stock one.

Then after he did some searching with by my model, TORs, etc.... that the Staintune crossover does not fit the TORs exhaust!!

What is up with that .... anyone know?

I'm still getting the TORs exhaust but they're on backorder right now.

Just curious, don't the TORs come with a cat by pass? I had a lot of tweeking to do with my Speedmaster not having enough back pressure from freeing up the exhaust too much but all the gang on this site will know about it as it applies to R3s for sure. Never heard anyone here with a loss of torque issue.

Just curious, don't the TORs come with a cat by pass? I had a lot of tweeking to do with my Speedmaster not having enough back pressure from freeing up the exhaust too much but all the gang on this site will know about it as it applies to R3s for sure. Never heard anyone here with a loss of torque issue.

When you buy TORs for the standard or classic all you get are the 3 pipes. I think the cat is in the pipes on the touring, and I don't know about the Roadster.

Appreciate Help From Non-Newbys

I have stumbled upon this old thread that is over a year old. I be new to Triumph (2012 R3R) and have found it a real ***** to research information about these TORS I keep reading about. Were they a complete aftermarket system exhaust? Apparently not. Thanks to info from KMUTT, I just learned TORS is an acronym for Triumph Off Road and it seems it is only a replacement for the cat.

I have researched Staintune and they are WAY too expensive for what you get IMO.

I have found on EBay what I hope (they do not explain or describe) is the TOR, part #A9608077 for $420.00. I have also found Jardine Rumbler Chrome for $891.00.

1) Is the EBay listed TOR the correct part that will fit on my 2012 R3R and utilize the stock mufflers?
2) I anticipate issues with the up sweep of the Jardine cans greatly reducing the ability to accommodate decent sized bags. Comments?
3) Where does one find information on purchase of 3 into 1 Predators?

Thank you in advance & Best Regards,
1olbull
PS: My cable for Tune ECU, PCV and Auto Tune are on order. Trip K&Ns from Flip are waiting in my garage.

Back