Want to Buy WTB, 1st gen seat w/driver backrest

dog hauler

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Rocket 3
Looking for a seat with backrest for my damaged spine. Can't afford $1k on a new mustang seat. Prefer something softer than a Corbin. Thanks.

They are as rare as hens teeth because the backrest was shared by single (Std/Classic/Roadster), and dual (R3T) headlight Rockets with 3 optional seats and then Thunderbird LT shared same with another 1 or 2 .
The rider's backrests are interchangeable the seats are not, this causes much confusion for sellers and buyers alike particularly as when first released as an Dual headlight model option with the word 'Tour" before the R3 'Touring' was released in 2008.
Because of this the Rider's backrests have sold for up to US$500 by themselves but that is more likely the upper price for seat and backrest.
The cheapest option is to get a Utopia backrest from the USA manufacturer who made 2 Rocket III versions one for the Dual headlight models with two part rider and pillion and another for insertion into the the Dual headlight Rockets dual one piece seats. I think they use the same model for the R3T oine piece stock dual seat too.

Download Instructions for Standard, Roadster and Solo Seats

Download Instructions for Classic and Tour Seats (these require removing the seat cover)
The vinyl is a good quality and they have a velcro'ed on large pouch at rear. As you can see attaches to pillion bracket. Lots of members have used them.
1709853351460.png

The single (R3T) headlight RocketsR3T had a Longhaul Dual seat with the Rider's backrest sold separately for that seat with a hole for the post.
The R3T also had a Solo Bucket version which was sold by itself and with the Comfort Pillion to replace the the idendtical looking one piece Longghaul Dual that was no longer available.
The dual (Std/Classic/Roadster) headlight Rockets had just the one piece Dual seat version with optional Rider's backrest.

With your skills you can make you own like a few of us have done.
An Aussie even had some CAD drawings done and had an engineering shop make up some block mounts to fit the hole in the factory seats.
After the backrests ceased production (due to high production costs and supplier opting out) and ran out the one piece dual seats were discounted worldwide for many years for just a $100 or so. They came with the rubber bung for the hole and worked same as std seat.
These are easy to modify and add aftermarket backrests of all types with a bit of thought and use of scrap materials .

The other way is to use the pillion seat bracket to attach the original or your own made up backrests.
An early one I did by removing the pillion pad from a spare and bending the bracket to hold a riders backrest for use with just the stock single riders seat.
I later acquired a custom made bracket to use the Triumph backrest with a std two part rider's seat.

I have posted all these details many times over the years with photos and part numbers so a search of terms like 'rider's backrest' and 'Longhaul' with my name as poster may help.
Search 'Everywhere' with "Ishrub" and not just titles and threads but posts too.

Will look into the Utopia. I have the 1 piece seat that'd require cutting of original cover, thanks.

Looking for a seat with backrest for my damaged spine. Can't afford $1k on a new mustang seat. Prefer something softer than a Corbin. Thanks.
I have one taken from a 2007 rocket 3 classic.

I tried to sell it to some bloke 3 or so years ago in exchange for a case of beer but the dude kept asking for a price. Got it boxed and ready to go. I'm from the inland empire in California.

I have one taken from a 2007 rocket 3 classic.

I tried to sell it to some bloke 3 or so years ago in exchange for a case of beer but the dude kept asking for a price. Got it boxed and ready to go. I'm from the inland empire in California.
Pics? Price? Or case of beer price? Lol

Sorry about the poor photos. Like I said, I was just about to ship to that dude. It's been packed ever since.

I feel for your back, so I'll take shipping plus whatever you feel is fair.

Back