Be careful with Rain-X on plastic. Check a small spot, as they say, first.

I've started using a one step spray polish by next dimension. I was surprised by how well it works. Paint, chrome, plastic, glass, or rubber. It dries clear so there's no need to clean the white polish out of cracks. I just spray a section and polish with a clean piece of tee shirt. For under $6 a can its worth a try. Available at Honda dealers or on line.:)

Spray Cleaner and Polish - Next Dimension.

Yes, Black Re-New is the stuff. Sorry for the mix up. I always wax my windscreens-Plexus in between waxes for the bugs.

An Alternate

Try lemon pledge, give that ultra glossy look, and the smell of lemons as you go down the highway. It has to be LEMON pledge though. Yeah i know it sounds goofy, but on black its real glossy.

Ive started using "ICE" liquid it goes on everything plastic chrome and metal It wipes right off and does a good job. It does not leave marks on black plastic. It might not last as long as a good paste wax but I can do the whole bike in detail in 15 - 20 minutes or a quickie in bout 5.
Then I just got he ICE spray on detailer. It took the bugs right off the clearview shield.
Ive been detailing my squad cars for about 28 years so I now focus on fast an easy. The ICE stuff is expensive compared to other products but a little goes along way and easy to use and doesnt leave any marks on plastic.

Back