Washing precautions

Kinda strange but I never take a hose or power sprayer to any of my rides and I suspect it is for those who do. Rain is normally coming down or at an angle... but with a hose water can come from all angles; including bottom up. Just my thoughts... still not a fan of the idea though. Sounds like a way to keep the lawyers out of it...'
-MIG

I use a hose, but I use either the mist setting or whatever that gentle sprinkle setting is on the nozzle. I never use a heavy stream of water or pressure washer level power. I've seen many people use the pressure washer and personally, I think that is a huge mistake.

Previously had an Harley Davidson for 8 years, I couldn’t be arsed polishing it, but I washed it a few times a year.
My washing procedure was to completely soak it with hose/cold water to remove any grit etc. Then wash with soft mitt in bucket of hot water mixed with turtle wax/wash. Then rinse off with hose/cold water and dry with air blower thingy.
After 8 years it still looked like new. I never covered any part up and never used a pressure washer but completely soaked the switch gear and Garmin Zumo GPS satnav holder. The way I see it, they gotta be water proof and surely Triumph switches etc are as good as Harley.

I just found this video of someone showing how to clean a Rocket 3..

Previously had an Harley Davidson for 8 years, I couldn’t be arsed polishing it, but I washed it a few times a year.
My washing procedure was to completely soak it with hose/cold water to remove any grit etc. Then wash with soft mitt in bucket of hot water mixed with turtle wax/wash. Then rinse off with hose/cold water and dry with air blower thingy.
After 8 years it still looked like new. I never covered any part up and never used a pressure washer but completely soaked the switch gear and Garmin Zumo GPS satnav holder. The way I see it, they gotta be water proof and surely Triumph switches etc are as good as Harley.

I just found this video of someone showing how to clean a Rocket 3..

I sometime use snow foam. Showed it on this site with my Rocket III and thought some of the purists amongst us were going to have a heart attack.

Actually, here is the preferred method...

Water out of a hose will not destroy your bike. I read all that in the manual and thought it was written to cover the MoCo from liability of extreme water pressures. I did fog an instrument gauge on a Harley with a high pressure washer so I did learn that lesson.